Sunday 8 November 2020

Put the flags out.

 It's been a murky day today, dull and damp. I haven't been anywhere. My hair was getting straggly and long, it needed tidying, so I cut it. I think chopped it might be a better word to use. It looks better now. It is a pain having to clear up all the cuttings from the floor. I had a lovely lounge in the bath this afternoon. Totally exfoliated all over, and toe nails cut. I'm done, top to toe you could say. 

I knitted nine flags, then I had enough. Getting boring now. Nine will have to do. The sides weren't very tidy so I did a blanket stitch around the edges. What to use for hanging them? A thin strip of knitted or crocheted wool I suppose. Can't be bothered. I took the easy way out and used the sewing machine to attach a strip of lace. I did two rows so they wouldn't fall apart. Looks quite pretty. 


I was a bit stuck with the underwater trivet thingy picture, then an idea popped into my head. I wondered how to fill the centre section. Now I know, I can see it. Simple really. That will be my next job to get it finished. 
Time for dinner. Thanks for popping in. Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

9 comments:

  1. We all have days where we simply can't be bothered. We will get through this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite often look for short cuts. If I am not in the mood I want to make the job easier. Like when I have beans on toast, I don't toast the bread. What's the point, put the beans onto the bread, same thing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Greetings to you. I like your knitted socks.

      Delete
  3. Pretty little flags! I love crafting - always something new to try. I've recently taken up macrame,and I'm having great time making all sorts of things!
    Colder here tonight, and the wind's getting up, I love snuggling down under the duvet at night with the bedroom window open, listening to the wind and rain. Night-night. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember doing macrame years ago. I remember buying balls of string and making wall hangings and plant pot holders. A bit like crochet without needles.

      Delete
  4. Last night I watched your latest video on Youtube.I dont know how to comment there,so I thought that I would say here just how much I enjoyed it.Loved it when you panned your camera around the open country side at the end.Your little bunting looks very colourful...Ive just realised as Ive written little bunting that there is a village in Lincolnshire called that!We used to pass by the road signs to it not to far from Mablethorpe.Im looking forward to seeing the underwater crafting although I can understand how you came to a stop for a while with it.I think it is because our brains are a mixture of cotton wool and mushy peas at the moment! Well the start of another week and I am trying to keep my head clear and focused.I have got 2 new walks planned and a clearing of my kitchen cupboards that I have been threatening to do since 2018,lol.Keep warm and safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi. I might not put all my videos on here, so a good idea to go over there to look for them.

      Delete
    2. I am going to take time tomorrow and watch some of your older videos on Youtube.Maybe I can learn some more on this frugal life I am leading..although I am starting to think that if I get any more frugal,I will have to live on the streets,lol.Thank you for all you are putting on here.It really does help us get through this awful time.Stay safe and happy!,xx

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.