Wednesday 25 November 2020

Turning into my dad

 Every evening my dad sat on his comfy chair with a tray on his knee, and ate his dinner. He timed it so that he could watch the news, followed by the Tonight programme with newsreader Cliff Michelmore, while eating. That was followed by several cups of tea. We had to either be quiet or leave the room, while this nightly ritual took place. 

I am now going to make my lunch and sit down at the computer to watch UK Column news which goes out live on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 1pm. It's raining so I am keeping busy indoors today. 

I can't find a picture of my dad, but this one will do. A nice young man gave me some instructions on how to play with his balls. 

Catch ya later. Toodle pip.  ilona

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh Matron!!.You have pulled and if it wasnt for this bloody virus,you could have took him home for a night of passion,lol..Im presuming this is a photo took last year,but I hope that you took his number for future reference!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all grown ups, so here it goes...You have to read your sentence, aloud..." A nice young man gave me some instructions on how to play with his balls." ... We have to be funny, the moment requires, if not we get crazy!!
    You wrote it hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO errrrrr Mrs. :-) I've burnt many a pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never knew you had a toy boy tucked away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it impossible to eat from a tray on my knees, I need a good steady table for my meals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post and the comments gave me some laughs. That is a handsome young lad.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.