Monday 4 January 2021

Lost photo's found.

Hooooray, I found the pics. Tucked away in a folder, inside another folder. Yesterday I started this project. Someone gave me a wooden tray thingy with partitions. It was full of seeds and dried beans, with a glass front, to hang on the wall. I removed the glass, emptied it, and took out some of the dividing bits of wood. Start by painting it black with a mix of acrylic and PVA glue. The little bottle is stuck hard so it will have to stay there. 
Then I had a look through my tons of bits and pieces, and start playing around with layouts. What fits where. Will I make it in a similar fashion as the previous ones, all black with a dusting of silver or gold? Not sure. Then other ideas came to me, I might go off in a different direction. 
Here's a little tip. When you have finished a tube of tomato puree, cut the top and bottom off with a big pair of scissors. Cut up the side and open it out. 
Wash it, and you have a piece of soft metallic material to use for crafting. It can be cut with small scissors and bent into different shapes. Jewellery perhaps. 
Yesterday I made a pan of veggie stew. I have run out of packet broccoli and stilton soup, which gives it a lovely flavour. Instead I mixed up a packet of macaroni cheese with a bit of cold water, and added it to the stew a few minutes before it was ready to eat. The macaroni gave it some body, and the cheese sauce thickened it nicely. And it tastes pretty good as well. It's only about 39p a packet. I have enough for two more meals. 
I sometimes make this up in a pan and add a handful of frozen peas. 
Did you like Nico's piano playing? Ace isn't it. 
I'm going to get a walk in now, before it gets dark. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. Love colourful delicious food in the cold weather. Especially good to pop in the oven then go walking, come home to the home smelling of food and then tuck in with a huge chunk of bread with gusto!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good tip with the foil lined tubes. We don't have those here, not that I've seen anyway, but I do use a lot of tomato puree sachets that are foil lined so I can use those.
    The soup looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.