Friday 22 January 2021

The sun is out, and so am I.

 Good morning. A lovely sunny start to the day. We are lucky in North Lincolnshire compared to the challenging weather in other parts of the country. Once more flooding and snow have hit the usual spots, and clearing up is taking place. 

A few pictures from yesterday. I walked the same route as Monday. I don't mind where I walk, I am out for exercise, the amazing landscape is the bonus. To answer a question, yes, they were harvesting sugar beet, they always drop a few on the ground when they transfer it from machine to trailer. 

They have moved on to a second field, this is what they leave behind. A bog with deep ruts containing hours of rainfall. Luckily I can skirt round it by using the track. 
I spend quite a lot of time looking up at the sky, it never ceases to amaze me. I took these two photo's from the bench, about half an hour into the walk. It looks as though the sun is going down and night time is approaching, but not so. I walk the route in a big circle so when the sun goes down in one place I know I will see it again a bit further along. 

Ooooh heck. I am carrying a layer of mud on the bottom of my boots. 
It's a bit chilly. One selfie, and go. 

What did I say. I turned a corner and there it was again. 
And again.
Almost at the end of the walk and the sun has well and truly gone this time, behind those trees, leaving an interesting collection of clouds. 
Once again I spent the last 20 minutes picking my way along the edge of a field. I was glad when I hit the street lights in the village. I was surprised at how eerily quite it was for 5.30pm. When I reached The Green I sat on a bench for a few minutes to enjoy the atmosphere. Someone came walking by and I couldn't resist remarking how quiet it was. The young lady stopped to chat, she was doing a village walk before making her dinner. It was nice to talk to a stranger, an added bonus to the end of the day. Perhaps I might see her again, walking around the village. No longer a stranger, but someone to exchange greetings with. 
Time to get on. It might be nice enough to do some work in the garden today. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.    ilona 

16 comments:

  1. Oh it's been lovely to see a bit of sunshine this last couple of days hasn't it. Our sky is a glorious blue today and Suky loved having a walk in the sun without having to wear her jacket for once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Sending you love from America ❤ I get to see my children and grandchildren for an outside event tomorrow to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. I'm excited. It will be 30 degrees so a short visit will be inevitable but a true blessing for me. Have a great day.....Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to see your lovley pictures on your walks.nice and sunny in Dorset today.i managed three miles today walking.my aim is to walk the five miles to the lovley Bournemouth beach in summer.im getting fitter keep inspiring us all with your story's of your daily life.nice to hear a couple of your readers are happy and context today too any bit of happyness at mo is worth holding on too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame the dropped crop were sugar beet, and not turnips Ilona. That would have lasted you a while. Those skyline photos are stunning. Hope you have a nice day. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's possible to make a stew with sugar beet.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ilona Mayze and Oscar the sun is out here in Wales too and blue skies such a nice change from the rain and storms. Its my birthday today 71. Had flowers chocs and a bottle of proseco. Will hang on to that until the weekend. Glad you could get out and have a lovely walk Ilona. Enjoyed yesterdays blog and video about the cat food would you believe I buy the same for Amy and Benny they love those biscuits so I put a lot of water down for them too. Love your artwork at the moment I am into crochet hats scarves etc.... Creativity is important for our mental health especially with this virus causing so many problems. Lots of love enjoy your day.xxxxx Liz, Amy and Benny.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Liz!!! Mine is coming up soon in March. Will be 73 and warmer weather then :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your Happy Birthday wishes. Love Lizxx

      Delete
  6. I know quite a few people who are amazed by the sky. I can look at it and appreciate the clouds, sunsets etc, but my amazement is for the ocean. I can watch it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I wrote a post about a video I watched at the Ferens Art Gallery. It was shown in a small room, a film on a continuous loop, all about the sea. I found a video on yoootoooob of it, but it has now disappeared. Here is the post.
      https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com/2017/04/oceans-of-dreams.html

      Delete
  7. Apparently you can roast those sugar beets (but just a few mixed with other veg as they are still pretty sweet) and eat the green bits on the top like kale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched that film in Ferens art gallery.Along time ago now, 2017. Not for long though as we were heading to the Minerva on the waterfront for dinner and a pint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, I think the video ... it may have been the Maritime museum.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.