Thursday 14 January 2021

The frame of many colours.

 Eeeeeebygum, it's been a wet old day today. It had eased off to a drizzle at 4pm when I took Billy dog out. We didn't get too wet though. He steered us back home before the hour was up, he doesn't like rain. 

This morning was a cooked breakfast. Toast, with mushrooms, an egg, and noodles. 

I picked these up last week at Aldi, worth a try. 55p a packet. Inside are two pouches. 
I used half a pouch for this. Enough for three more meals. 
I am painting a wooden frame at the moment. I wanted to use up the nail varnish I have. Then I realised that I haven't enough different colours, so I carried on with acrylic paint. I then remembered I have some felt tip pens so I filled a few shapes in with those. When all the shapes are filled in I want to use the clear nail varnish to give it a shiny finish. I am considering using a black marker pen to outline the shapes. I have an idea for the centre, which will be a complete contrast to all the colours. I hope it works. 
Tonight dinner was another pan of veggie stew. This time I added some couscous, and made up a packet of cheese sauce mix and added that to thicken it, Another success. Potatoes, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, onions, green beans, broad beans, and sweetcorn. It's perfect. 
Hoping for a dry day tomorrow. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Love your picture frame Ilona beautiful colours your a talented lady.food looks great too very healthy lots of nice veggies.since I've been on plant based diet have got rid of two stones of weight I think vegetables keep you young and fit lol.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame looks lovely Ilona. Bright and cheerful just a nice change from all the doom and gloom in the world at present xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frame. How do you get each colour edge so straight? You must have a very steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a steady hand. The brush I use is from the Body Shop range, it is made for applying lipstick. It has short bristles cut in a sideways wedge shape. I hold the work close to my face and take my specs off.

      Delete
  4. I like your frame nice and bright.
    Your meal looks good, I have got egg, mushrooms omelette this morning with sakad and salmon tonight.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a thing about eggs and mushrooms. The perfect combination.

      Delete
  5. Love the frame, another artistic masterpiece :-) Those noodles are really tasty aren't they and really help pad a meal out in a nice way. I do have to admit to eating the whole of each pouch in one go though, I think I'm a bit of a carb fiend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, don't give me ideas. A bowl full of noodles with a handful of frozen peas sounds like a very quick to make easy meal.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.