Thursday 7 January 2021

Singalong with me.

Hello. Pictures of my walk yesterday. Not many, all much the same as the last time I walked along the bottom of the woods, which was several weeks ago. 
The logging is now finished. They have taken down a lot more trees than I thought they would. It is quite sad to see the devastation. I wonder if the wild garlic will come up this year, the ground is well churned up by the heavy machinery used. I wonder what has happened to the deer that used to live here, nowhere for them to hide now. 
I took no more pictures until on the way back. The bonus was another fabulous sunset.

I like this one. Pity about the broken branch though. It was too big to pull off. 
A little singalong as I walk along. 

Another sunny day today, A village walk I think will happen this afternoon. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.  

6 comments:

  1. Ilona you are a champ. I love your videos and you have what more people should have and that's joy.
    I especially like the bit of the song where you didn't know the words.
    Long may you continue to blog.
    You are a breath of fresh air.
    Briony
    x
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Briony. You aren't the first person to say that. I was a witness at a constructive dismissal case, a friend had left her job. One of the judges said I was a breath of fresh air. That wasn't the impression I was trying to put across. She left the company because the men were making it impossible for her to carry on working there.

      Delete
  2. It's the sweet silver song of the lark x the missing words. And the other bit is though your dreams be tossed and torn. xxx loved your song. Very spiritual xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is there no end to your talents!And loved it when you sang that you didnt know the words to that bit,lol.Great stuff Ilona,you have cheered me up with that video!.I remember Gerry Marsden sang it but was it from the film Carousel originally?.I loved that film and for some reason seem to remember from there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Round here they have also cut down so many trees to build new houses. I remember 20 years ago you could guarantee seeing deer at dusk. It seemed so special.
    The houses were built and the residents used to say the deer would come up to their front gardens, but it doesn't happen now as the housing estate has joined up with another one. It's sad.

    Happy singing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did also mean to add, Gerry Marsden died just a couple of days ago, a fitting tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.