Wednesday 13 January 2021

Pot luck reading matter

The mobile library came yesterday, I thought it had stopped again like it did on the last lockdown. But no, I caught a glimpse of Stan driving the van round the corner opposite my house, so made a point of gathering my books together to return them at 11.20 when he parked at the medical centre. 
I placed my brown bag of books on the table outside the open door of the van, and Stan had a rummage through the pile of bags he had lined up on the floor inside. Yep, there was one with my name on.  
I took the bag to bed with me last night and had a look through the selection. I have to say, there isn't much here which floats my boat. I have had the Handmade Gifts before. The Hardanger and Menagerie have patterns in them and it's not something I want to get into. Malala I've had before. The other two I will give them a try. I think I'm going to have to change my selection to include a wider range of topics. I'll have a look at the lists online and make a few selections to give the picker some ideas. 

I am still painting a picture frame, it's a bit fiddly, I must get on with it. Toodle pip.  ilona

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I would want your books apart from the craft ones to look at, since the stroke I cannot read very much for long and I was an avid reader before, but at least I read my email and I try so hard to get the right words.
    Hope the weather is good for you.
    Hazel 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be possible to search the library catalogue online and request specific books you are interested in reading? Or even ring your local branch and ask them to search it for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will look at what categories there are. I can't look for a specific book because I don't know any titles. I only read none fiction, don't have a favourite author.

      Delete
  3. We dont have a mobile library where I live although I can remember one used to come round many years ago.I used to have a book on all the time in the summer,but for some reason the last 6 months I havent bothered.My reading seems to be the internet!.Its a horrible rainy day again here in Leicester..it didnt stop yesterday.So I might just have a look through my books and see if there is something to interest me.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.