Thursday 28 March 2024

One week ago

The stage is set at a venue in Derby. I arrived just after 6pm. Bought a drink and found a seat. The event kicked off at 7.30pm. 
The guest speakers. 
The sons.
The father. 
Jaymie kicked off with welcoming everybody. Big room, big audience. He introduced the guests one by one. Each said their piece. A questions and answers session brought the event to a close, although it went on a bit longer as everyone was clamouring for photographs. Yes, I took my turn.
The evening was very relaxed. Everyone in the room knew we were all there for the same reason. Meeting like minded people is so refreshing. I knew I could say what I liked to anyone. No holding back, no self censoring. I met a lovely lady who is the head teacher at a primary school in London. She has a three hour commute every day and says it's worth it because she loves her job. I met a German lady who made the journey to Derby by herself. A flight from Dusseldorf to London, the Tube to the railway station, and a train ride to Derby. 
So there you are. I'm glad I went. Speaking to people face to face is a totally different experience than exchanging words online. Reading body language fills in all the gaps which talking through a screen cannot do. 
Now I am looking out of the window. The day has started off with sunshine. I will go shopping, then hopefully get out into the garden. Enjoy your Thursday, have a nice Easter. 
Toodle pip.   ilona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.