This is Dan the driver. Yesterday I got on his bus and went to the terminal with him. A village called Whitton on the banks of the River Humber. The bus turns round and goes back to Scunthorpe. I planned on walking home.
Here is a little bit of the bus ride. It was a bit bumpy.
I had a look at the Church before I set off walking back.
Come inside and have a look.
The sideways wind was quiet blustery. .
I entered a field through a gate and could see a herd of brown cows were gathered in the distance. They were just where I wanted to exit the field on the other side. I went a bit closer to assess the situation. Would I be safe to walk through them.
Two or three of them noticed me approaching. I stopped to see if they would come towards me. I might be alright if they carry on eating. I bottled out, not taking any chances. I scrambled over that fence and went into the next field. I stopped off at my friend June's house for a natter. By the time we had finished talking it had started to rain. I had a packamac with me, but I didn't need it because her daughter came to pick me up and gave me a lift home. That saved me a half hour walk in the rain.
Today I've been to town. Chatted with Nikki at the Arts Centre. Spent £50 on shopping in Aldi. And picked a bag of litter on the way home.
Have a good weekend. Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.