Sunday 16 December 2012

Feeling festive

There was a trip down to Burton on Trent on the cards for today, to visit family, but it didn't materialise. Sis rang up last night so say they had snotty noses and sore throats, so I decided to give it a miss. I try to keep away from people who are walking germ factories. I rang Uncle Stan to cancel my visit, I was supposed to call in and see them as well. Aunty Pat answered the phone and said, I'm pleased about that because I've had the vomiting bug and don't really feel up to any visitors. Fair enough.  
I really wanted to get out for the day so I rang cousin Kerry in Nottingham to see if she fancied a visitor. Luckily she said, yes come on down. Bit of a cheek to ask I know, but in our family we don't wait to get invited, we just turn up.
We had a walk in the park to work up an appetite. A Christmassy dinner was served, Carols were playing, and the tree was lit up with coloured lights.
Tuck in everyone. Two people requested that their mush was not published on my blog, I think they are a bit shy, so here we have the back of someone's head, and one eye peeping into the frame.
Well that's my Christmas done and dusted. It was a lovely day. Toodle pip.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, you dropped on there! How come they were having Christmas dinner today?


    I think I recognise that eye! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure luck LBM. It was probably more like a typical sunday lunch, with a Christmas theme.

      Delete
  2. So you just turn up and they happen to be having a Christmas lunch. How jammy is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that was going to happen, I took sandwiches and two boiled eggs just in case. I have been caught out before, ha ha.

      Delete
  3. I have "blog shy" folk in my family as well, and come hell or high water they WILL NOT allow me to publish their photos!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I avoid the germs at all costs too!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona, Looks like your cousin, Kerry laid on a smashing Christmas dinner. Lovely photos of your relations. Sorry to hear that your sister and Auntie aren't well, I wish them a speedy recovery. Was just reading about the health benefits of onions and how they can fight off the flu. Apparently, if you place cut up onions around the house when you feel flu coming on, it will absorb all the bugs and bacteria and you will begin to feel better. Here is a link if you want to have a read. Your sister would be flu free but the house would reek of onions.

    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/onion-flu-remedy/

    I've never tried it but I did make up an onion and brown sugar syrup for my dad once to help relieve a sore throat, it worked a treat, although I had forgotten to strain out the chunks of onion. Oops. I hope you don't need to take heed of the info above and that you stay flu free. Cheers for now, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a lot of onions so I hope that helps me avoid the colds.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ilona, I would imagine it would, alongside garlic, both have got strong antibiotic properties I believe. You use a lot of turmeric also which is good for fighting bugs too. Cheers, Christy.

      Delete
  6. Can't beat a family meal.Wise to keep away from the germs- my cold has lasted 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked a good day to visit!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do well to keep away from germs. I caught a virus more than 3 weeks ago at our car club Christmas Lunch as I was seated next to a lady who was still coughing and full of it. If that had been me I wouldn't have gone. I am still talking full of it and blowing my nose enthusiastically! Husband caught it and still feels like ****. Of course, I couldn't visit my Mum until last week (nearly two weeks) as in her 90s, she can ill afford to catch viruses.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.