Saturday 7 December 2013

Charity shop curtains for £1

I picked up a bargain yesterday when I was in town. Browsing in the Age UK charity shop where everything is £1, well it would be daft not to look wouldn't it, I found a lovely pair of curtains. I didn't bother checking the size, I will find a window somewhere that they will fit. It was the bright colours which made me take them off the rail. Possibility of cutting them up for patchwork if the fabric wasn't in good condition.
When I got them home and inspected them, they were like new, too good to cut up. I decided to take down these curtains in my bedroom as they have been up a long time, and I am getting bored with them.  
Looks a nice pattern on the photo, but they are a bit pale and wishy-washy. I fancy adding more colour into the room, to match the quilt and the rag rug.

Aren't they lovely? I am so pleased with them, vibrant colours to wake up to. They weren't lined, but I remembered I had a pair of linings which I removed from some other curtains before I ditched them. Guess what, they were the exact size, a perfect fit. So no cutting and trimming needed, just sew them straight in.

This close up picture makes them look a bit pink, they are more like a very dark pink almost red colour.

Not bad for £1, eh! Chuffin brilliant I say. I love a charity shop bargain. The other curtains I will wash and put away, I've got a few pairs now to swap about when I get bored.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I am busy sewing.
Toodle pip

29 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely and bright. Just the thing for this dark weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I think they are ace!! I'd fancy a bright pink lampshade to go with them. They look very festive and jolly!!
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, much more cheerful than the old ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done , these look fab. Charity shops are my fav source of fabric, curtains, duvet covers etc are real bargins, lots of fabric for your pennies. Excellent find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funky ! I like them and costing £1, excellent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't be better Ilona! Every morning when you wake up you will feel happy when you see those colours. How good of someone to donate such nice curtains and how great that they found a home where they will be appreciated so fully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look smashing. I love a bargain.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. we should start out own UK linky party ! What you bought for a £1 this week, if only i was that technologically advanced ..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-can't believe someone was getting rid of these lovely bright curtains. I am sewing as well but I have kind of lost my sewing mojo. Will be able to watch Strictly live tonight as no Brucie. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  10. it'll be like summer every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely thought, John.

      Delete
    2. It was like summer this morning. Cheered me up no end :o)

      Delete
  11. What a bargain, it really livens up the room - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done! I like color in a home; sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours. You are such an industrious lady.
    Wish I was clever with the needle.
    Best wishes,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bargain - wish we had a shop like that round here. Occasionally it's possible to find a good bargain in our charity shops but often the prices are so high it would be possible to buy new for the same.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a difference! Love the new curtains and love the price too. Oh and also love the little curtain 'model' Is that Heidi?

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They will certainly brighten up the room -- and your spirits. Not that you need the latter. I do. I don't do mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Splendid bargain- I have a set of patchwork curtains I bought in the charity shop too!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bright and cheery for winter! And for £1? Doubly bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are lovely. I bet they make you cheerful every time you look at them? Especially yearn you wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE them...they are the same pattern as the pajamas I'm wearing!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How nice and cheerful, I would love a look around your $1 charity shop. I bet there are some great bargains.
    Pam in TX xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. great, would like to see a room photo of the quilt and or rug with them, they are perky cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your curtains. Read your blog everyday.Think it's the greatest, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  24. YEAH!!!! New curtains...good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous curtains Ilona! A whole £1! what a bargain.
    The old ones can be used for all sorts of things like the cushion pads with you own style filling, lining for other curtains,backing for your quilts........endless recycling projects!
    Do show us the rag rug and quilt so we can see the colours together.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.