Saturday 28 December 2013

Meet the beautiful Mia

While I am down here in Hampshire, I might as well drive another forty miles and visit fellow blogger John from Don't Unplug Your Hub, he lives somewhere near Bognor. He has recently adopted a rescue German Shepherd called Mia. Carol came with me to keep me company, and we were both looking forward to meeting the new pooch.
John very kindly laid on sandwiches and drinks for us when we arrived, and we had a good old natter catching up with all the news. After a heavy shower we went a walk around his village. Mia has only been living with him for ten days, but already she is showing signs of settling in. She was previously being kept in a small flat, which wasn't at all suitable. Now she has lots of room to play outside in the big garden, and she goes on long walks with John. She has certainly found the right forever home with him, they are going to make a great team.  
Don't you think she is beautiful? She is very intelligent and listens to every word John says.

Just one more snap. Just as I stopped to get a pic of this cottage with a thatch roof, a face appeared at the window and the lady of the house gave me a cheery wave. I bet they get used to people snapping their pretty cottage.

It was lovely to see John again. Another big meal tonight, Carol has certainly filled me up these last few days. Tomorrow I head back up north, so I'll catch you when I land. Have a nice weekend. Toodle pip.

23 comments:

  1. Mia is a beauty!
    How great she found John and home.
    Love seeing all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful dog, I'm so happy that John has adopted her, she will have a great life with him.
    Happy new Year Ilona xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the "Vicar of Dibley" cottage?!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice snippet of your life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mia is a beauty. She looks like a German Shepard. As I child I had several of these dogs. They are very intelligent and make great companions if treated right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous. I could just imagine burying my face in her fluffy Jacobean ruff neck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you today Ilona. I am so pleased I dressed so fashionably for the occasion. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky John and lucky Mia! Wishing you many happy days and years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dog. We had a shepherd and a collie. Can't believe someone owned a shepherd but lived in a flat. There must e a story? Surely no one would buy a shepherd who already lived in a flat!!??

    We had a yard and Mr Sans walked them twice a day - one walk was for over an hour. I'd love another one but we are too busy with work and it wouldn't be fair for the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the full story lucinda, but people do make the wrong choices where animals are concerned. The main thing is that Mia will have a lovely life with John.

      Delete
  10. Mia is lovely. One very lucky dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. John and Mia make the perfect couple don't they??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, heart-warming stuff(glad Mia & John found one another; they'll be inseperable and enternal life companions for sure!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mia is beautiful and a lucky lady to have found a forever home. The village is lovely, reminds me of where my daughter lives just outside Winchester. We couldn't resist taking pictures of some of the beautiful cottages there either. Safe journey back up north.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lucky Mia finding her forever home with such a good man...she will surely thrive and live happily ever after...what a nice holiday you're having Ilona...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have enjoyed reading about your trip. The Watercress Railway pics were wonderful. So pleased that you were able to visit John again. We read his blog regularly and have seen how well Mia is fitting in and cheering him up after losing Sadie. Hope you saw Bonnie too!
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't see Bonnie, she keeps a low profile apparently. It may take a bit longer for them to get used to each other.

      Delete
  16. Danneke having a peep before I settle down for the eveninh. What a beautiful Alsation G/S dog Mia is, she replica of my friends G/S in Manchester, hers is also called Mia and had been in police training but was found to be non aggressive so my friend took her on and she is a lovely dog, It is always good to hear of the animals getting forever homes. Drive with care tomorrow Ilona, forcast is not so good and plenty of idiots will be out on the roads, speeding in rain and a lack of lights on vehicles etc.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is indeed a beautiful dog. And....I adore her name, of course. It's the name of my beautiful daughter! I wonder if Mia is commonly used for German Shepherds? Getting a rescue dog is a very good thing to do. We now share our home with a very affectionate yellow lab we got last summer from a lab rescue organization. He's a wonderful dog, too. We just wish we could know where he came from and what happened to him. He joins our two Westies and two kitties and leaves lots of dog hair everywhere. Hmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think John & Mia look like a great fit for each other and how beautiful Mia is. Thanks for posting their photo.
    Nancy from Northern California

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.