Saturday 1 August 2015

Worth a look when passing

Hello. A nice time was had with Sis yesterday, we chatted and scoffed nice food outside in the sunshine. They have all mod cons in their posh caravan, so when it got a bit chilly later on we went inside and watched the tele. 
As I was driving home I wondered if I might be too late for any yellow stickers at Tesco. It was 8.30pm when I came off the motorway, sometimes there isn't anything left at that time. Worth a look, and I needed some soya milk and yogurt anyway. Well that was a nice surprise, there was stacks of food in the fruit and veg department and chiller cabinet. I only took a hand basket in, so I filled it. Seventeen items with a value of £22.70, and I got them for £2.30. Also full price Value yogurt for 45p and milk at 65p. Chuffed with that, definitely worth a look. 
It was breakfast with a difference this morning, I put a bag of prepared fruit, 20p, in a jug and zapped it with the stick blender. There was strawberries, apples, oranges, cucumber, and two leaves of mint.

Very nice it was too.

Dinner tonight was wild rocket salad leaves, mixed bean salad, and pasta salad. A quick and cheap meal.

I have made curry with the veg, and it's portioned in margarine tubs in the freezer. Now I have loads of salad to plough through in the next few days. No cooking till it's gone  :o)

I needed to go to town today to visit the hole in the wall in the bank, and pay my Council Tax at the Post Office. I picked up a jar of coffee at B & M, and some cooked chicken for the cats. I popped in Aldi for a few things to top up my cheap Tesco shop. Two more cartons of soya milk, cheaper at Aldi, 59p. Packets of Brazil nuts, walnuts, and cranberries. Free range eggs, a pint of ordinary milk, and a multigrain loaf, oh and some dog and cat food in foil trays. £9.95 spent.

Some good news, I've booked myself a holiday. I want to do more walking, so I've chosen three Youth Hostels conveniently placed on the North Norfolk coast. I shall drive to Hunstanton, stay overnight, leave my car there and walk the 17 miles to Wells Next the Sea. Overnight there, next day walk 17 miles to Sheringham, overnight there. Next day, set off and do it in reverse choosing a different route. Should give me 70 - 80 miles walking, That will suit me fine and no having to look for beds. Cost for a bed in a female dorm for the five nights is £95. I've booked a breakfast at Sherringham for £4.25, Wells hostel is self catering, and Hunstanton is an Independant Hostel. I will see if they do breakfast when I get there, or get my own. Not going just yet, but I thought I had better book in advance to make sure I have the nights that I need. I haven't been to that part of the country before, except drive through in a lorry, so it will be a bit exciting. Yipppeeeee.

Thanks for popping in. Catch you tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday.
Toodle pip


25 comments:

  1. I've not been to Wells for years - but I remember it as a lovely place. I have fond memories of camping at Blakeney. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it when you go on a walking tour. I enjoy the photo's. Good bargains shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be chuffed with bargains like that, I can't wait for our move we will be nearer the supermarkets, and are going to go bargain hunting for the yellow stickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, yellow stickers rule! Hope you find lots. Go about 7pm and be prepared to wait till 8pm.

      Delete
  4. This is grand! Here you are just back from Devon and planning another wonderful trip!
    Ilona, I take my hat off to you, you know how to live! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got some great bargains there! and sounds like you have a great walking adventure coming up!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed to have your sister living close by. Good food, conversation and telly - nice. Did you take your little dog?

    Oh I am so looking forward to the walk you plan in Norfolk. I do envy you and appreciate you sharing all the details with your readers.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. My sister lives 95 miles from me, but I suppose that's close if you compare it with the south coast or Scotland. She was in her caravan last week, 15 miles away.

      Delete
  7. Love the great deals you seem to find at your grocery stores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ilona
    You will love norfolk I was in repham breifly and it was stunning never got the chance to do much walking unfortunatly as I was a we at the time(not no more yea haw!) ENJOY IT! Glad you had fun with your sister and some good bargains. im re tweeking my budget and Lidle is calling my name at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our favourite holiday area - will be interested to see your photos as you always take great snaps! Hope you have a great time on this trip xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to go to Wells next the Sea very often. That part of the world is magical. You will L O V E it, i'm sure. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to your next walking trip...I love your trips the best because I get to see parts of England that I've only read about, and some I've never heard about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bargains.
    Nice bit of the countryside Norkolk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely part of the country. I should know I live in Hunstanton. Went to the Smallholders show at Sheringham Country Park today. It is lovely there, very peaceful and lots of walking. Hope you get a chance to explore. Sairy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. If you email me I can tell you when I will be at Hunstanton Hostel, and if you are free we could meet for a drink.

      Delete
    2. Would love to meet up. Meant to say there is a bus called the Coasthopper which goes from Kings Lynn to Cromer (takes ages to do the whole journey) but you can hop on and off all day. It is free if you have a bus pass. It is a great journey along the scenic coast. The bus has to be a single decker because it cant get through Cley with anything bigger. I use it all the time. I am going to Salthouse tomorrow with some friends. We are going to Cookies Crab shack which is really good and fairly cheap. They are not licensed but you can take you own booze if you want. Best to book in the season. There are some great places to visit on the way. Have fun. Sairy

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad that your next walking trip will be in Norfolk. I've read up a bit on that area (since Will and Kate moved there) and it sounds like a really beautiful natural area. I can't wait to see your photos.

    Will you drive to a Norfolk or take the train or bus? I hope that you are going fairly soon because it sounds like it could be very blustery along the coast in cooler weather. Take lots of photos as you usually do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I will be driving to Hunstanton. It's a part of the country that doesn't have very good transport links from North Lincolnshire. A train journey would take too long. I also want to take a look at Sandringham so the car will give me some flexibility. I am going early September.

      Delete
    2. I have read a bit about Sandringham and would love to go there some day. The house where Diana grew up as a child is on or very near the estate. It is called Park House and it is now a small hotel that focuses on disabled visitors. It would be interesting to see it. William and Kate's new country home is a couple of miles east of Sandringham in a village called Anmer. I imagine that you cannot see the house from the road but it would be interesting to see the village.

      Delete
  15. Hi, I live in Norwich and could perhaps meet up with you one evening while you're here. I work Monday to Thursday but finish at 4pm so could drive up to the coast.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pat, that would be nice. If you email me I will give you the dates. Address on the sidebar on the right. Thanks

      Delete
  16. I did a cycling trip around Norfolk and Suffolk years ago and remember the hostel at Walsingham it was a simple hostel meaning basic but one of the dorms was an apple loft across the yard from the hostel it was great fun! Enjoy Norfolk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,Ilona.Very good yellow sicker food bargains.I enjoy what you come up with mealwise after this kind of shopping.Your upcoming walking holiday sounds lovely,good exercise and fun.You do inspire,m'dear.Always ,of course,at very reasonable cost,too.Won't it be nice to meet up with some bloggy friends?I look forward to your jaunts.Bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got back from a 10 day holiday on the Norfolk coast, it's been brilliant weather and we enjoyed visiting Hunstanton, Wells, Sheringham and Cromer. We stayed on the Sandringham estate which was so relaxing, hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we have
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.