Sunday 1 May 2016

Pink plant pots are in

Hello. Brown pots are out this year, pink pots are in. I've been sprucing up the summer house with the paint I had left over from last year. There was a bit left in the bottom of the tin and I hate to waste it so a few more things got the pink treatment. There is still some left, I will have a scout round tomorrow to find something else to paint pink. 
Lunch was a salad. There is a heck of a lot of spinach in a bag from Aldi. I will be turning into Popeye soon, with bulging muscles. 
I fancied pasta tonight so here we have it. I did a lot more pasta than I needed, and will use it up over the next few days. In the topping is one onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn, grated carrot and grated potato, spinach, a tin of tomatoes, garlic powder, spices, and porridge oats to thicken it. It tastes bloomin lovely. I've just scoffed this plateful.

A few walking group members have sent in their mileage updates for the walking challenge, thank you for that. Has anyone else got theirs? You can send it as a total, or just the April amount and I will add it together, and update the page. I had about four days off in April, the weather wasn't so good, or I was too busy. I should be making up for it in May with three walking days coming up. Some of you are doing very well, you must all be getting pretty fit by now. We are a third of the way through the year, the target was 333 miles for that. I didn't quite make it, but some of you are steaming ahead. The five month target is 416 miles. The six month target will be 500 miles. There is still plenty of time to get in your miles. If you don't want to do the whole year, you could split it into one month chunks of 83 miles. Any walking is better than no walking.

Right, I need to get off my bum and go and do my three miles now. My dinner has gone down and it's still light, it's not raining, so no excuses, just do it Ilona.

Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

18 comments:

  1. Oh I love those pink pots. I think we will have blue left over from the shed so am going to paint anything I can find in blue. I am walking my butt off but keep forgetting to post mileage. I have it all on map my walk so will get around to posting soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue pots would look nice. How about a blue shed :o)

      Delete
  2. Oops, nearly forgot the walk total. 101 miles this month, I feel that I may be an inch shorter now. Love the pink pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And feeling a lot fitter, I hope, Pam. Keep at it.

      Delete
  3. Taking time out from watching the Snooker final and your pink pots brought a smile to my face just as much as cleaning under the coffin ... still chuckling about that! I skip the walking bits as while I admire all you walkers, keeping fit as fleas, I can't walk more than a couple of miles (on the flat and there isn't much flat in Devon!) because of flippin' arthritis, but am now wondering what you will find to paint pink tomorrow! Look out cats and dogs!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Ilona, I'm feeling for the pet gang's pictures! And updates! 🐱🐱🐱🐶
      Pick pots made my day...yes I lead an exciting life....

      Delete
  4. I love your pink!
    Your food looks very good and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink pots are lovely!
    I only walked 102 miles this month, the weather was horrible sometimes . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good monthly total, Hilde. You are doing well.

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of my dear Mother who also hated waste and would use leftover paint the same way you have, we used to say if it can't
    move she will paint it! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to get two large plant pots the other day to do some reporting , because we have lost a lot of teracotta due to frost damage we thought get plastic . Everywhere we went rhe pots were bright pink or lime green , I like colour in the garden as much as any one but lime green pots . We eventually found two in a sort if muddy grey , at least your pink is subtle .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink pots! Love the way you use up everything and there's no waste. Those pots will look really pretty with greenery in them. It will make the pink pop! You have such good ideas. Arlene from US

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to send you my total - 85 miles this month.
    Thanks for organising it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to comment earlier but my phone isn't behaving today. I have caught up a bit and my mileage total is now 304. I am now finally feeling the benefit and feeling much fitter for it. Thanks, as always, for the support and encouragement. Loving the pink pots. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. The image of you with bulging Popeye muscles tickled my funny bone today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ilona, I absolutely love your pink garden accessories! Pink has always been my favorite color. Your yard will look fantastic with all the color.
    By the way, I was inspired by your smoothie post recently. I have been having a little one each day from frozen fruit, and I love it.
    112 miles for me in April. May is already looking great, because we had a LONG walking tour as a family on Sunday.
    Take care-
    Lisa in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pink pots...
    if stuck, and you still have paint left, could always paint a few rocks/stones/boulders and set around.

    re the pasta, if it is not mixed with sauce, maybe toss in the next salad? I do that sometimes.

    It is interesting to see the meals you make, especially considering the frugal aspect of purchase. I appreciate the info/pics. Gives me thought for my meals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that colour pink. Very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.