Wednesday 20 November 2019

Go travelling, even if you can't see.

I came across this the other day. I follow Amar Latif from Traveleyes, on Twitter. Having been on two of his holidays I know what wonderful work they do, and what an amazing person he is. I did think about going on another holiday with them, but I don't have a passport, and good hearing is essential to be able to communicate with someone who is visually impaired. I would struggle in noisy environments, wouldn't be able to filter out all the background noise, it would be frustrating for the person I was guiding, and me. I would be no good on a city break, but if someone wants to go hiking in the countryside I could manage that.

Someone who is visually impaired relies heavily on their other senses. They get so much more enjoyment if someone can describe their surroundings.

I'll post this video here as it has some useful information for anyone who comes into contact with people with a visual impairment.



The sunset tonight.



Toodle pip.  ilona

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant travel program, I enjoyed the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought provoking and the sunsets are gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so interesting. How nice for all involved! It is so good to see the kindness in the world! We often only hear the negatives! Thanks Ilona!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.