Friday 15 November 2019

I can see clearly now the rain has gone

I went to speccy savers this morning for my eye test, three months overdue. I first had a letter in August, then another reminder last week. All is well, a slight change in the prescription in my right eye, but nothing to worry about. My eyes are healthy and I am legal to drive. I said I wouldn't be buying new glasses as the ones I have are just fine. He gave me my prescription to take away with me. The staff are very nice and friendly in there. 
I had a free two hour park on my ticket so I went to the bank and paid a bill. They know me in there. They are forever trying to get me to use the automatic till in the wall. I always say no I spend enough time on a computer at home, I don't want to be punching numbers into a keyboard while I'm out. I'm afraid they will have to keep on dealing with me over the counter, except when I want to withdraw cash, which I will get from a simple cash machine inside the bank. 
I remembered that WH Smiths have a clearance section in their shop so I had a look in there. They have opened up the upper floor and you can have a mooch through the stock they are trying to get rid of. I found these letters at 20p each, they are erasers. I dug deep to find the letters to make my name. Sadly there wasn't an 'A', but I thought a 'D' on it's side would do the job. Don't know what I will do with them but they are pretty. The 'N' is purple by the way. 
I bet you are wondering what these are. I should have photographed a ruler next to them for the size. They are two and a half inches long and one and a half inches wide. They are also erasers at 20p each. They remind me of pebbles so I thought they could be decorated with small sparkly bits and pieces.

A lot of books have been reduced, although I didn't go through them, because I don't buy books. This one caught my eye. It's a colouring book but I am not going to colour in any of the pages. The designs are the sort of thing I could use for my art projects. I could trace them, transfer to fabric, and stitch them.

A couple of example pages. Smashing, aren't they, all sorts of designs.


A little bit of what I am doing now. This is for the church window. The colours on this piece of fabric are not very bright but the design is what I am looking for. I am using felt tip pens to add colour, the blue flowers were white, then outlining them with back stitch to make them stand out more. When I've done all the background I will be adding more foliage and flowers to give it a 3D effect. It will take a while to do. 


I did my walk just as the sun was going down. I love to see the geese flying in formation, chattering away to each other. 

Interesting pink fluffy clouds.

Now it's dinner time. I had a large cooked lunch so it's a piece of cheese and onion quiche and some salad now. 
Toodle pip, ilona


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky, it's always lovely to see the Geese. They can be quite noisy can't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can often hear them before you can see them. Some of the groups are so large they are strung out over a great distance.

      Delete
  2. The book was a good find. Love the fabric work & photos. A nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see a lot of uses for those colouring books Ilona.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever, I am always amazed at the imaginative ideas you think of! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I looked at the stitched fabric and thought how quick Ilona is to think of doing this. Lovely post all round with the photo's. I too use the counter service in a bank - use it or lose it!

      Delete
    2. I tried to explain to the bank staff that I use the counter service to keep them in a job. They said, oh, we have lots of other things to do as well, we have to fill the machines up.

      Delete
  5. You are very clever. I would never think of lying the D on it's side. I love what you are doing with the fabric in your latest project and can't wait to see it finished whenever you are ready. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved colouring the pictures when I had my stroke after I could do nothing else.
    Beautiful sunsets.
    Have a good week Ilona and everyone else.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unas fotos del cielo preciosas. Enhorabuena por unas fotos tan hermosas

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.