Saturday 30 November 2019

The village comes together.

There was a lot of support for our Christmas Fair in the Village Hall. Mums and dads came with their kids, and the school choirs entertained us with their Christmassy songs. 
The tables were full of stuff to buy.

The lovely Valerie was serving tea and coffee, soup and savouries, mince pies and cookies.

Smiley Carol on duty on our table, while I flitted around taking photo's, and of course chatting to everyone.

Santa sitting in the corner waiting for the next little one to give him their Christmas present wish list. The crowds are thinning out now, the organisers of the big raffle are about to draw the winning tickets out of the box so a few people are hanging around to see if they have won a prize.

I haven't had a count up of how much money I have taken yet. My sales were ok, the little lanterns sold well, the brooches not so well, the small gift bags hardly any at all, and the shopping bag sales were not so good either. I think most people have enough of my shopping bags now, they tell me they are still using them years later, so don't need any more.

It's the last day of the month today, so this is a call out to the International Walking Group members, It's check in day TOMORROW. I have just scraped in with my target, which leaves me 80 miles to finish off in December. Can't stop now when I'm so close. The weather is turning cold, but I just keep chipping away at it.
Catch you tomorrow. More Harrogate Show pictures on Monday. Toodle pip. ilona

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona. My bag is 18 months old and still as good as new. It is well travelled and has been in Leeds this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear it, Liz. That's a lot of trips when you haven't had to buy a plastic bag. It all helps.

      Delete
    2. Its so well made I dont think it will ever wear out which is great.

      Delete
  2. In our sewing group some bags are made for the local food banks to where they live which go down very well if you are thinking of giving any away Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, thank you. I give mine away to random strangers in the supermarket when I see they haven't brought a bag with them. I hope it prompts them to remember to bring a bag next time. The look of surprise on their face makes shopping fun. I like the idea of paying it forward, a random act of kindness which might be replicated.

      Delete
  3. Oh I do wish that I could attend your fete,but I live too far away.I really thought that your brooches would fly out!.They can make a black dress,denim jacket or even a shopping bag look so different.Both Me and Flis would have been proud to wear them.Your fete looks very much where I went to on Friday and it was a lovely morning.I bought some great home made stuff and a couple of vintage bits as well.My friend Flis also bought me a cat shopping bag,a cat scarf,a very sparkly cat key ring all put in a huge reuseable cat themed bag!.I felt like it was Christmas day when I got home and have put them all to good use already!Im glad that the lanterns sold well and hope that you have made some money for the cats.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi for the lovely leggings,dress and magazines-a real treat-and I think you really brightened the day of that elderly gent we sat with for tea and cake at the Christmas doo x

      Delete
  4. Yours looked a lovely event too Ilona.I'm sure that the money you raised from your crafts will help the kitties.We had similar event on Friday in our village as Debi says x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.