Sunday 3 November 2019

Out to lunch.

Joyce's family came today to put her ashes into the ground at the church. Our vicar, Alison, said a few words. Bailey poodle was over the moon to see me, he recognised me straight away. They gave me a thank you card with a photo of Joyce on it. She was a lovely lady, the whole village loved her. 
After the ceremony I was taken to lunch. It was a smashing meal, carvery for everyone, and a choice of three veggie options for me. The lasagne was lovely, with a selection of vegetables. All plates emptied. 
I feel I have made friends for life now. They have been making regular visits to see Joyce while I have been walking Bailey poodle, so I have got to know them quite well. Bailey has settled in well with Pamela who lives near Nottingham. I have been invited to Norfolk for a walking holiday in the spring, something to look forward to.

Yes, it's been a very nice day.
Toodle pip.  ilona

8 comments:

  1. I always feel the family and friends you leave behind reflect the kind of life you lived. Well done Joyce, clearly a long and fruitful life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss of a friend, but nice that you have made some new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful day and lovely tribute to Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a coincidence,because Bailey poodle came to my mind over the week end and I was going to ask you if you ever hear from the Family?...how strange is that!!.It looks like you had a wonderful time and its lovely to know that he has settled in so well,bless him.A visit to their home shows just how much they are thankful of how you helped Joyce and I bet you are really looking forward to going!..Well,its a damp,rainy grey day here in Leicester but the fridge and freezer are nearly empty so Im leaving in 15 mins to get my 8am shopping haul from Aldi.I do hate having to go this early but once Im there and getting the half price bargains alls well,lol.Ive got my Grandaughter staying here for a few days so Im looking forward to a game of Scrabble with her tonight.Sometimes,something so simple like that is a break for her from this crazy world what the kids these days seem to live in!.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and lovely new friends. I am sure Joyce would be happy about that. Great that you and Bailey dog have seen each other again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good friends are vital and precious. Glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.