Wednesday 13 November 2019

Microwave dinner

A month ago, I posted about some new packets of grains that I found at Aldi. The first one I tried was lentils, spelt, and quinoa. It was ok, but the strange aroma coming from the packet when I opened it was not very nice. A bit off putting if I tell the truth, I wont be getting it again. 
I have just opened this one and it is lovely. No smell and very tasty. Couldn't be bothered to cook tonight, because I had a big lunch, so I warmed some of these green lentils in the microwave, one minute, and added some cheddar cheese with garlic. And that's it, nothing else. They are very nice, I shall be getting them again. 

Sewing today. Finally made a start on the church window. Toodle pip.  ilona

3 comments:

  1. I've got some Lidl ones Ilona to try and they're ok but not great-whole grains,so next time I'll try yours-thanks.I added some red tinned beans to mine.Looking forward to seeing your Church window x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you mentioned these before,I did look for them in Aldi and they had them.But didnt buy because I wasnt sure if the rest of the family would like them and I didnt want to waste any money.I would have used them to bulk out a stew so Im glad that you mentioned that the other flavour wasnt great!.When I make cottage pie for the Family,I now bulk it out with a handful of value porridge oats,just mixed in with the mince.They havent got a clue!.Have you tried the Aldi 2 min microwave rice as well?.Thats quite good value at 45p and comes in a few different flavours...Well,its a really rainy day here in Leicester so I will be catching up on any sewing and mending that needs doing.I might even make the wooden floors scream with delight by mopping them over,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do use the Aldi rice sometimes. Much more convenient than boiling packet rice.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.