Friday 27 September 2024

Inside Brodsworth Hall

As stately homes go, this is one of the best. There are volunteers in every room who are happy to share snippets of history with you. Welcome come on in. 

Can you see me Mother. This room has large mirrors on opposite walls, which gives the feeling that it is big enough for a banquet. 


Turning my back to the clock, I wanted to take a photo of the reflections of the single chandelier hanging from the centre of the ceiling. People were walking about so I had to wait until they had gone. I didn't want my reflection in it either, so I squatted down and lost it behind the ornament on the mantlepiece. 
There is the chandelier many times from a different angle. 
And down another corridor. Let's explore. 
Each room had a title, and a short description, displayed on a board. 
Now this is what I call the junk room, though of course it's not junk. Spare artefacts are stored here. 
A posh lavvy. It's a bit like the one my Grandma had which was in a shed up the yard. It didn't have a ceramic potty though, and the wood gave you splinters in your bum if you didn't sit still. It had a bucket which stunk to high heaven. A man with a lorry came every so often to empty it. We were told to go out and play when he was due to arrive. 
I would love to have a four poster bed. I would pull the curtains round to make a tent. 

This is one of the staff bedrooms. 
Down stairs in the kitchens. I can imagine staff hurrying around to cook the meals.


There are a lot more rooms than I have photographed here. You could easily spend two hours or more in the house if you wanted to immerse yourself in the history of it. 
I didn't film inside, but I have found this lovely five minute video on Don Frank's channel. It shows some of the rooms where I didn't take photo's. 
Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona 
PS. Come back to add another link. 
Behind the scenes at Brodsworth Hall and Gardens. Six minutes about what goes on there during the winter months. Fantastic drone shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.