Sunday 8 September 2024

The Formal Gardens at Doddington Hall

Hello, it is Sunday afternoon and I am writing up this post about the Friday visit to Doddington Hall. It is a beautiful building which is being lovingly looked after by the present owners who live there. There are 324 art sculptures to look at throughout the whole site. Here are a few of them. Luckily not too many people about. My friend is there today, as it is the last day to view the sculptures. 

I can't give you any details about them, far too many for me to remember. Please go to Ellie's blog for a more detailed report. 

Visitors were eager to photograph these colourful glass flowers. There were seven of them, I have cut one out to get them in the frame. 


Let's have some fun with the balloons. I do like to play around with reflections. 
Can you see me mother!


Still lots of flowers left as we come into Autumn. 

You've seen the photo's now take a look at the video. Join me for a walkthrough.
I hope you are having a good weekend, despite the dull weather. I'll post more photo's tomorrow,
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out again. I really enjoyed our visit too and the sculptures looked very much at home.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day out. I'm really pleased that I went, and pleased that my friend went yesterday, the last day of the sculptures. You made two people happy. Best wishes.

      Delete
  2. Some stunning work there and the glass flowers are particularly impressive. Looks like you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tbg. The bonus was that I briefly met the owner. James was charming.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.