Sunday 1 September 2024

My breakfast. my sewing, my garden

Good afternoon. I felt a bit peckish this morning so a cooked breakfast was made. Mushrooms which needed using up, frozen green beans, spinach which needed using up, half a packet of left over noodles, and half a packet of sweet and sour sauce. Very nice it was indeed. 
A little bit more done on the cardy makeover. I will keep adding to it and stop when it's enough. 

I've had several attempts to film the birds in my garden. Sneaking up on them when they are all busy eating and bathing in the water bowls doesn't seem to work very well. I need one of those huts that you can hide in so they don't get panicked and fly away. Mind you, I am not going to wait for hours for the right moment. This will have to do. When they all come down it's pandemonium out there. They are queueing up to hop into the water. Three together, scrub each others back. 🐦🐦🐦🐤🐤🐤 

Is it the first of September already? Good grief. The members of the walking group are invited to check in with their miles. Let us know how you are doing. I have to confess I am not keeping up with the targets. Yes, I know I should lead by example. My excuse, there is so much more fun in visiting new places, ambling around, and taking photo's. 
We had rain this morning, and now it's gone and the sun is out and it's warm, so I'm going to take this opportunity to get my boots on and do my usual local walk. 🏃🏃🏃
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

14 comments:

  1. 165.6 miles in August, 1,201.38 miles YTD. Lynn Ewing, Pecos, NM USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing Lyn. Your little legs must be getting shorter by the day ;o) Thank you for checking in.

      Delete
  2. Hello Ilona and fellow walkers,
    82 Kilometers I managed to walk in August, that's besides the many kilometers I have been touring my hometown's lovely surrounding countryside on my NON-electric bike :>)
    Today I did a 30 kilometer cycle tour coming across 67 people either on a racing bike or an electric one. My bike was the only non-electric one.
    I witnessed a horrible accident caused by an elderly electric bike rider leaving another electric bike rider nastily injured, she needed first aid to be called in.
    Have a nice day, Let's keep on enjoyable walking and cycling in a healthy pace and power!
    Cheers,
    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanneke. I keep looking at my bike and thinking I must get it out. I need to pump a tyre up. Maybe I will. I sometimes think that an electric bike can be dangerous in the wrong hands. maybe there should be a driving test for them. Scooters also seem dangerous. Well done on the walking miles.

      Delete
  3. We love to watch the birds. We have a large bird feeder and in the winter we make sure it stays full of seed. We have so many different kinds of birds that come to visit. Provides many hours of entertainment on long cold winter days. Your meal looks delicious. 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tammy. Thank you for your email. I used to get fat balls for the birds but they weren't interested in them and they went mouldy. I am thinking about setting up a platform off the ground for their feed. I have one cat who has caught a couple of the small birds.

      Delete
  4. Your cardigan is looking very nice. August provided lots of nice days for a walk. I logged 131 miles which brings my year to date to 719. I hope you have a nice September. Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Kay. Now I feel a complete failure at 629 miles. Lets hope the weather holds out for us.

      Delete
  5. Can’t even be bothered to comment TBH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ilona and fellow walkers; checking in with my mileage for the month of August which is 235km (146 miles). My total so far is 1464km (909 miles). I am with Jeanneke, I too cycle every day on my non-electric bike also, it is by far my favourite exercise. Cheers from Phyllis, Brisbane Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Phyllis. That is fantastic news. Keep it up gal.

      Delete
  7. 121 miles for August and a grand total of 1,108 miles. Thanks once again for setting this up. I feel really fit and healthy and intend to stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello tbg, I knew I could rely on you. Feeling good is the benefit. I need to try and catch up but it is raining today so I am indoors sewing.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.