Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Blockage

Good morning.
I've had a blockage, a creative blockage. I set off on a journey not knowing where it is going to end up. Now at last the creative angels have descended, and I can see which way it has to go. I see a picture. Flowers on a dark background. How to sew them on without blitzing it with stitching. Some French knots in the centre, and a bead on each of the petals. The finishing touch will be a few leaves peeping out from behind them. 
I have got to backtrack a bit on this project. I put stems on the flowers, they now have to be removed because they will be too thick to go behind glass. Hey ho, such is life. You go in one direction and find you have to make a detour. 

This is the frame I want to use. I think it lends itself to the delicate hues of pastels and contrasts. Still a long way to go, but I am now getting glimpses of the end result. It will be good. 

Best get on with it, but first, wash hair and go to the Coffee Morning. At some point I will have to get some supplies in from Aldi. My fridge is bare. 

Enjoy your day. Toodle pip.  ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I might publish your comment, or I might not.