Monday 7 December 2015

Making an effort

Hello. Alright then, I give in, I'll join in this Crimbo Crazyness. I found a few balls in the cupboard upstairs, might as well do something with them. Bit mean to keep them all to myself indoors so I thought I would share them with the whole street. I haven't put them up for a long time, must have had them about 35 years. I did have a smallish artificial tree, can't be bothered with that any more so I gave it to the Age UK charity shop a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it is brightening up someone else's living room now.
I found a few pieces of tinsel as well, might as well chuck them over a bush or two, I thought. With a bit of luck someone might steal my decorations, then I won't have to take them down and put them back in the cupboard, ha ha.

The first job I did this morning was to dismantle Santa's Grotto in the Village Hall. Everyone was saying what a good Christmas Fair it was. We couldn't decide which of the next two Crafty Club meetings is going to be our Christmas Party, because some members can't get to one of the dates. so we will have two parties. Looking forward to the sherry and mince pies  :o)

I've been out to the shopping centre this afternoon, looking for a piece of fabric with a specific design. Can't find any. It's an idea I have for a special bag. Might have to rethink it. I'll ring up some fabric shops in the morning before I give up and go for plan B.

Dog wants to go for a bimble, then I need to do my power walk. I'm aiming for two miles every night. That's me, not the dog, ha ha.

Thanks for popping in. Catch up with you soon. Toodle pip

12 comments:

  1. Love that Xmas bush!! The decorations do look good, creative as ever. I've not put my tree up yet either. I might do it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.Your shrubs look so fat and healthy(I think it is your green thumb) and are extra lovely with a bit of dolling up for the season.I'm not putting out the big indoor tree this year either.I did some pretty wreaths and some electric candles in the window... am doing a very simple touch this year.Good luck wishes finding the special fabric.Am informed sadly and upsettingly that China has reached another horrid barbaric apex in animal mistreatment re:stray dogs,my friend has urged me to spread the word and to totally boycott any goods from China...especially cheap leather goods in discount department and dollar stores.I apologize for putting a dark cloud over your lovely,happy post today Ilona,but since you are an animal lover and have such a large reading audience that perhaps I will be tolerated for overstepping in this instance.Bless you,bye for now,D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read about the treatment of dogs in China. Vile barbaric people.

      Delete
  3. Looks great!nothing put up here yet?might do what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fabric are you looking for Ilona. I can look in my stash to see if I can help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda. Colourful cotton fabric with a books on bookshelves design. Drawing a blank. Don't think you'll have any. Time running out. I'll get on with plan B. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Sherry and Mince pies sound like a perfect celebration to me.
    Nobody will steal your decorations, it only happens when you don't want them gone! That said, you won't have too much to store for next year anyway. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Christmas tree was put up in my parents' village. The next day, I noticed that some of the branches had been pulled off - probably went for someone's wreath. Very jealous of your topiared up hedge - I think your front garden must look very nice. Natalie



    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas - you're really getting into the spirit (or sherry) now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor dogs in China. That's why I give to Soi Dog and Last Chance for Animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops sorry I didn't reply in the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a few decorations puts me in the Christmas mood. I have a very small tree with a $1 string of lights but I love it. I do plan to put up my bigger tree soon.

    You are kind to let your neighbor's enjoy your decorations.

    The biggest thing I'm doing to get in the holiday spirit is to turn off the news and turn on the Christmas music. My favorite is Rosemary Clooney (yes, George Clooney's late aunt) who had a lovely voice for Christmas carols.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.