Tuesday 11 April 2023

Good Golly

Please can we go back to 1969 when a black man and a white man sing Good Golly Miss Molly, together. 
Fast forward to the present day when someone complains that a pub has a lot of black face gollies on display, because the landlady collects them. Six police officers are dispatched to the job of removing some of them. Landlady is determined to keep her gollies and puts up a notice saying if you are offended don't come in. If anyone has a spare golly please send it to The White Hart (Golly Pub) in Grays, Essex. Thank you. 
Catch ya later. Toodle pip.    ilona

8 comments:

  1. I have made several Gollies in my time and Tom Grandson had a large one that he used to push in a small dolls pram when we went shopping, no body turned a hair. Can you imagine that today, we would be run out of the shops. Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin collected the little golliwogs slipped under the label on Robertson jams - He saved lots which he then sent in the post in exchange for lovely badges - he had a large varied collection of them - We didn't eat much jam disappointingly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did the same. The three of us used to fight over who would get the golly off the jar, and who had the largest collection of badges.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ilona I was born in 1969 when I was four my mother took me to see the black and white minstrels singing with cilla black in Bournemouth it was wonderfullx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw the Minstrels live, but I remember watching them on the tele every Sunday night.

      Delete
  4. My cat Rodney has a big golly he cuddles up to he loves it🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.