Friday 14 April 2023

Resting

 When I came back from my walk yesterday the last mile was a struggle. Five miles has always been easy for me. Aching legs and back, shoulder and neck muscles feeling tight, and uncontrollable shivering. I was glad to get back in the house. I put the heating on and layered up. An early night for me. 

I didn't sleep well, up and down to the bathroom. Today Janet came in to feed the cats, my energy was completely depleted. I have been in bed for most of the day. 

I wasn't going to switch the computer on, but curiosity got the better of me. I want to know what is going on in the world. I see things are going from bad to worse. Shocking scenes of riots in France. Unarmed people being beaten up by baton swinging riot squad. The Two Freds speaking about people losing trust in the medical system. They speak the truth. Last night I wondered if I should call for an ambulance, I felt pretty rotten. No, not much point. I don't want to lie on a trolley for 12 hours waiting for a doctor to see me. I will stick it out at home.  

After a day of doing nothing I am feeling a bit better. I know I have been pushing myself too hard. I expect my body to keep up, but at 74 next month, I have to be realistic. Maybe have a few more days of doing nothing. I will struggle with that because I hate wasting time, but looking after my health is important. 

Sorry but comments still closed. I can't face dealing with all the negativity that is thrown at me. People have to sort their own lives out. Bed time. Goodnight. 

ilona


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.