Sunday 28 May 2023

I'm glad.

 I am glad I don't buy things off the internet. It seems that parcel delivery drivers are in the habit of chucking packages and boxes over the gate or the garden wall, rather than going to the front door and ringing the bell. I'm also glad I'm not a delivery driver. It must be a rotten job to start the day with a full load knowing that you will probably be out late trying to offload everything and return to the depot with an empty van. 

When I went to collect Billy for his walk last week I was surprised to see a box had been left in the front yard. It looked like the driver had just lobbed it over the wall. He/she could have opened the gate and walked a few yards to the front door. Carol was in and could have received it. 

The box I saw was very badly ripped to bits. It turned out it had been ordered by her son Gary, in Germany. Marks and Sparks do a very nice hamper, which must have cost a fair amount of money. A certain little dog had seized it's opportunity to search for something edible. Luckily most of the parcel was still intact. Some of the contents were scattered around in his frenzied attack. There wasn't much left of a Victoria sponge cake. The icing had gone off the top, and a very small piece of the base was left in the tattered box. 

This story is of a dog attacking a parcel, it appeared in the Express. Fancy ordering three dresses to try on at home, then having to send one or two, or all of them back. More hassle. We get people coming on our village page asking if anyone has found their parcel. They then have to go and collect it from someone else's house. What a palaver. 

I shall continue to go to a shop if I want to buy something which I can carry home. Even if I didn't have a car I would go on the bus with my shopping trolley.  I'm glad I don't shop online. So much easier spending cash in a shop. 

Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.