Saturday 31 August 2024

Walking on the North Bank

I checked the maps this morning to find somewhere I haven't walked before, or somewhere I haven't been to for a long time, within an hours drive from home. Although I have walked a lot on the North Bank, there was an area I haven't explored. So I drove over the bridge and headed for Brough. I was wanting to park in the centre of Brough, but came across roadworks with temporary traffic lights. The diversion was very confusing. There is a lot of building work going on as well. New housing estates, new roads, and new roundabouts. I couldn't find my way around Brough so I gave up and went to North Ferriby. I recognised the church there, and the road which goes past the school. I walked along there with Jo Brand when she was doing her One Hell of a Walk, for charity. That was in 2016. I parked at the church.  
I walked towards the Station and crossed the railway line, and I arrived at the river. The tide was in so no walking along the river bank today. It's very uncomfortable to walk on the rocks anyway, so I wasn't bothered. 


I walked back into the village. No football on today. 

But there was a cricket match going on. 


This is the pub we stopped at while on the charity walk. I had taken sandwiches so I sat outside to eat them. One of the film crew members came out to me and said I was to go inside and help myself from the buffet. Jolly nice of them I thought. A mile or so after that I said goodbye to Jo as I turned round and walked back to Barton where I left my car. It was 7.5 miles each way. Jo carried on with her sore feet, she did over 100 miles if I remember correctly. 

I bought an ice cream from the Co op shop behind the pub. 

From North Ferriby I walked to Swanland. This is a place I have been to before. Checking the date it was in 2012. 
In the centre of the village is the pond. I took a few photo's. Here is a link to the post I did in 2012. 





It's a very pretty village.
Can you see me mother. 
Four and a half miles covered, and I was back home for 6.30pm. 
Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place!!! All of the flowers are gorgeous. Looks like it was a very nice place to enjoy. I will read about your previous visit, I do remember reading it but need to refresh my memory. 🙂 What a fabulous day thanks again for taking us along. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tammy. The photo's from this visit are better than the previous ones. I think I am getting the hang of this photography lark.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.