Friday 3 November 2017

Food, cats, and sewing

Hello. It's been another at home sewing day today. There's so many projects that I want to do, too many ideas and not enough time to do them all. The days are short, I sit by my back window where the daylight is best, but it doesn't last very long, and it is not so good on the eyes sewing by artificial light. That's why I like to get up early and start sewing. 
I'm still eating tons of veg, this was my dinner yesterday. I deliberately make more than I need, then save some in the fridge for the following days lunch. 
Today's lunch. Mushrooms, beetroot, spinach, left over steamed veg, and a scrambled egg, piled on a slice of toast. Very nice, and filling too. 
Heidi was helping me out today, 
The Crafty Club is entering our home made tree in the Christmas Tree Festival again this year, so we are all making decorations for it. Here are mine. The theme is Winter Wonderland, so I thought white and silver would be a good combination. White felt, and silver pipe cleaners twisted into spirals, embellished with red, green, and gold beads.

I saw these colourful pipe cleaners in the £1 shop ages ago. Could be quite useful I thought, can be twisted into any shape.

We had about twenty minutes of fireworks tonight, lots of bangs, don't know where it was coming from but not too far away, the bangs were quite loud. Spose we will get more tomorrow and Sunday. Guy Fawkes night isn't just the 5th any more, it's any night that you fancy, several nights if you like. Don't forget to keep your pets indoors over the next few days.

The weekend is here, have a good one. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

11 comments:

  1. how do you cook your vegies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steam them in a pan with a baskety thing, on the hob. Six minutes.

      Delete
    2. nice decs Ilona

      Delete
  2. Heidi is so interested in everything isn't she.I think she helps keep your crafting items tidy-what a good girlie.I'm quite tense about fireworks at nights where I live.It's been most evenings for over a week now.It will more than likely continue now until first week in January.Lovely Lily hides under the desk and eats upstairs.I think it's ridiculous that we are expected to endure it for so long.Last year fireworks were hitting my walls and I opened my back door and found them littered everywhere.I'm dreading tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely day in the Meanqueen household - I wait to go to bed and then log on to see what you’ve been up to. I then review my day to see if I could have been a bit more frugal or copy a few ideas of yours - thank you - I was just about to say Toodle Pip lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. must admit i bought the same pipe cleaners and have been using hem to clean the drain at the back of the fridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol,that look on Heidis face!! Cats are so good at doing a ...Whats yer problem face?,lol.She is a beautiful cat!Well,its a rainy day here in Leic and all my cats are laid out in different places in the kitchen and living room,although i do love it when they are all in home at the same time....Talking of fireworks,it is 8.30 in the morning at someone in the area has just thought that it would be a good idea to let them off again.I will be glad when its over and done with cause it isnt fair on the animals.We have had it here,at random times for the last few weeks and it prob will continue for the next few weeks.Why cant they have just organised displays?....Well,i am due to pick my Grandaughter up in a few hours and we are doing a 10 mile hike again,just hope the rain eases off a bit.It wouldnt bother me,but a 14 year old girl objects to getting her hair wet and her mascara running,lol,I can remember when i was her age,I would have been the same worrying about my false eyelashes peeling off,lol.Have a good weekend all,where ever you are,Debi,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the decorated trees in the churches it's a lovely idea to get all the organization involved, your decorations are pretty and will sparkle. Regarding the fireworks you want to live near me we gave gas them for the pass two weeks SO LOUD they celebrate lots of special Indian days, hope the damp weather today keeps them down tonight.

    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish yje fireworks were just on the night they are tradition. We get them now before and after July 4 in US. My dog just barks and cries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wondering, do yo reheat your cooked veg the next day? Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I add it to something else as I have shown above. I don't steam it a second time. Or, I sometimes eat it cold in the summer.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.