Wednesday 22 November 2017

What did I do today

Hello. You've got to read this fast because I have writ it how I speak. What did I do today. Do I need to insert a question mark there, I'm not really asking you what I did today. You don't know what I did today, until I tell you. So no, I don't think I need a question mark there. 
I arrived at the dentist at 10.20am, ten minutes before my appointment. I sat in my car for ten minutes because there was something interesting on Woman's Hour on Radio 4. I always listen to Radio 4 when I am in my car. I dashed into the reception bang on 10.30am. Signed the form, and before I had chance to look through a magazine I was called into the surgery. I thought it was a bit strange that the dentist himself came out into the waiting room to call my name. Usually it is the assistant who does that. 
There were two assistants in the room, in conversation, so I guess they were too busy to come and get me, so sent the dentist instead. Jim is a very nice young dentist, easy to talk to and happy to discuss my teeth. He remembered quite a lot about me, and asked about my walking and how the blog was going. I filled him in with up to date news. I asked him where he lived before he came to North Lincolnshire. He said he and his wife left London to come and work up north, and they like it here, and he has recently become a father. I said he has made a good choice, it's very nice living up north.  
Jim had a good prod around my mouth and declared that everything was hunkydory, no he didn't quite put it like that, he said, fine, nothing needs any attention. He them proceeded to give my teeth a good scrub, not that they are dirty, I brush and floss them regularly. He had a whizz round with the buzzing thing, and I had a swill out with the pink water. I left £20 lighter and an appointment for one years time. 
Next I collected Heidi's tablets from the vet. The vet's own dogs were behind the counter, a cute little pug, and the sweetest tiny sausage dog you have ever seen. 
Then I had a walk up and down the High Street. Brigg is a smallish Market town, and all the shops were pretty well taken. There are lots of small independent shops, and several charity shops which I browsed. I bought three small canvases for 50p each. They are pictures actually, pretty naff pictures, but I shall paint over them. 
I thought I ought to take some photo's. Took two, then I couldn't be bothered to take any more. This is The Angel. It's in the Market Square, has a library, a coffee shop, and a museum. I went in to use the lavvy, it said 'for customers only', I pretended that I was a customer, then walked straight out shaking my wet hands after I finished. I never use those dryer things, they take ages, unless they are those superfast ones which you stick your hands into. 
The building in the middle is the Tourist Information Centre. On a Thursday they have a market here, not today, because it's Wednesday.

My bank in Brigg was closed, so I had to come back via Scunthorpe and go to the one in the High Street there. Normally I take the scenic route through the villages to Brigg, because it gets a bit busy past the steelworks in Scunny. Anyhow, while I was there I picked up a bottle of cheap bleach to clean my toilets, and some cat food for Heidi. Also a few bits from Aldi.

I was a bit hungry when I got back, so I cooked up my leftovers for a late lunch/early dinner, then went and did my three miles, to shake it all down. It's now 5.45pm and I'm still full, so maybe I'll just have a snack, don't need another meal.

That was my day. It is very windy but also warm, snow is forecast, but I'll believe it when I see it. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day...Enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you all the way Ilona.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the write up of your day, it was nice for me to read along and go on your travels while I took a break from my day. Here is Phoenix the weather is lovely, this is the time of year we shine :). High of 85 today. Glad all is well with you, I am still walking my heart out, did 2.2 miles this am and will do another mile before dinner! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely town. Glad your dental visit went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to unearth some winter trousers after a dog wall< & its been disappointing,I have put on weight.I realise those jeans and jodhpurs I wear usually must have more stretch in them than I thought.The trousers I was searching for have none x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got my leggins out for the winter. Luckily they fit underneath my trousers. I gave up denim years ago, now I like loose lined trousers and jog bottoms, bought from a sports shop.

      Delete
    2. I thinl< I have become a pear Ilona x

      Delete
  6. Great news about your teeth!
    You made the most of your day- as usual! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice day. I have a busy day tomorrow taking the granddaughter out to soft play then on to preschool. Then dog is going to the vets for annual vaccine. Hope the wind eases up it's blowing hard here. All the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your town's square looks lovely Ilona, much nicer than where I live. People think it's lovely to live in a seaside town, but mine is very run down, lots of empty shops and dereliction, parts of it aren't nice at all. I did 4 miles before breakfast, then did housework. Chatted to online friends during lunch, then shortened a skirt this afternoon. I wrapped some Xmas presents whilst dinner was cooking. Tonight I've been trying to get my head around Wordpress blogging - I want to set up a simple photography blog, but Wordpress is so difficult to work with I think I will give up and find another platform. I just can't be bothered with a load of faff these days, I want simple and easy to use!! On tv they are droning on about the budget, I don't think any of it will affect me very much. Off to bed I think, looking forward to catching up with a few of your posts that I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Wordpress once, couldn't get on with it. You could set up a picture only blog with Blogger. Some seem to like Instagram for photo's.

      Delete
    2. PS. Just been looking round the blogs. One blogger says she has to have adverts on her Wordpress blog so that it's free. I'm assuming that she has to pay if she refuses adverts. Had to laugh, she wrote slating Black Friday and what did I see this morning, an advert for Black Friday. Ha ha. Blogger is free with no adverts.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the tips Ilona, am going to spend another hour on Wordpress tonight and if I can't make progress will try blogger!

      Delete
  9. My family is from the West Midlands but Dad was assigned to a Lancashire Tank Regiment in WW2. He always told us that Northerners were really great. I think rather a high percentage of British comedians are from the North. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really enjoying your blog. I have so much to read and you're very inspirational.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No doom and gloom here. I will take a look at your blog later, off to do a dog walk now.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.