Sunday 19 November 2017

Progress on the zipppeeeee project

Hello. Looking like a lovely sunny day today. I'l do this quickie post, then I have some newsletters to deliver, so let's crack on. Some flowers have been made, need some more. Moved onto leaves, the zips are green anyway but I have painted them to bring out the colour. I was thinking about this as I woke up this morning, how to make leaves, so as soon as my coffee was made at 6.30am I got on with playing. The longer leaf looks better, will make some more. Also need to make a few of different sizes.  
Some flowers have got two circles, some only one.


As soon as I trim both ends the fabric starts fraying, so it's difficult to join them up with tiny stitches to prevent more fraying.

The pearl sits in the hole in the middle then lots of stitching at the back to hold it in place.

Keep checking in for more progress reports. Thanks for popping in, enjoy your Sunday. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

17 comments:

  1. It's looking great already. Can't wait to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They lool< Lil<e little jewels Ilona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I've never seen zipper flowers before. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might find a dab of watered down PVA glue stops the fraying....this is what I use for my dollshouse projects. It dries clear and is a much thriftier alternative to fraycheck
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dab of PVA will stop the fraying, and it dries clear. I have used it on ribbon and on similar fast fraying craft fabrics. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting, look forward to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fabulous, I love crafts with zippers and clothing with extra ones dded just for fun which seem to be quite popular right now. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zip garden appears already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. there is some stuff called fraycheck that you can apply to stop it fraying. its a bit glue like and can be sewn through. I would imagine diluted PVA glue might help. BTW have reached and surpassed my 3000 miles cycling for the year by 67 miles but will crack on and see how many I get

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only one word - lovely! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohh... I like! You are so clever, i’m Always amazed at what you come up with.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try stitching where you want to end the zip before you cut.
    PVA glue would work too but sewing would be cheaper.
    I think your flowers look amazing! I'm not sure I'd have thought of that.
    Have you heard whether and of you collages have been accepted for the Exhibtion yet?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice idea and fun to make something for a lesser price! I like the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool.

    I wonder, if putting a bit of glue (white glue would dry clear) on the edges either before cutting/right after cutting would stop the fraying?

    ReplyDelete
  15. If the zips have any manmade fibre in them you could carefully melt the end.When I wanted to stop my tights running- a bit of clear nail lacquer x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are lovely. The stems look really good. You are very creative. Such happy projects come from your imagination. Mary Jane in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.