Saturday 24 February 2018

How many rings do I need to make?

Hello. It's a sunny Saturday morning and I am going out in a couple of hours. Want to sort some things out for the hospice charity shop, which I can drop off on the way to the E Guild meeting. 
Here's an update on the wrapped rings. Still a way to go, not all finished, but I have been laying them out into a possible arrangement. It will probably change. 
Still a lot of middles to fill in. I have laid them on the back of the zippy picture, as I think I will make this a similar size. I might not do the heart shape, I'm thinking a bouquet of flowers would be nice, with lots of stitching for the stalks and leaves. We shall see, I keep changing my mind. Notice how Heidi gets in on the photo, ha ha.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, whatever you are doing, get out if you can, don't forget we have a shorter month, so up your daily walking to make up for the lost days. The target for two months is 166 miles, I am on 155 so should make it.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

14 comments:

  1. Hello. It's colorful and vibrant. And yes it look like a heart shape. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love you to come and do a class with my clients. Alas, so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the little ones look lovely without being filled in, and the black background really sets them off. I know you love your flowers and stitching but these look beautiful just on their own. Heart or just a filled rectangular frame, they stand alone as art due to their varied sizes and vibrant colours. You must have spent hours and hours, not to mention the yarn.
    So very sorry to hear about Garcia. I do hope he is on pain killers. We had a similar situation a few years ago. Cats soldier on without complaining , right until the last minute. My love and hugs to Garcia, and my thoughts go to those who know and love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any more of the green zippers? Wonder what ring flowers and zipper leaves would look like? But, then again, maybe you have already done that. Well, whatever you come up with, it will look nice and be interesting to see. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rings are pretty. I agree with Jean, no need to fill them all in. Some with empty middles adds interest. I'm looking forward to seeing your final project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rings, they are so bright and its always interesting to see what you do with them. The unfilled ones look good as they are.
    so kind of you to look after Garcia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe you don't need to fill in the centres of all the rings?
    -some just left empty
    -some filled in with something different - photos/buttons/seeds/mirror bits/
    etc?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two things come to my mind when I see your 'rings' - either the 'cogs' inside the human head, or the 'cogs' inside a clock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. It must be so relaxing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rings are so vibrant and beautiful, I'd love to see them made into a bouquet. I just feel like they want to be flowers, with stems and leaves setting off their beauty. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us, Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might like some circle ideas that popped up on my Facebook fed. https://www.facebook.com/103682176389673/photos/pcb.1309790809112131/1309790489112163/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks interesting. There are some fancy crochet stitches there, might have to learn that.

      Delete
  12. Have you seen this podcast by Crafternoon Treats? In it, there is a section on Dorset buttons exploring their history and giving lots of links to related websites. It might provide you with some more inspiration for your circles.
    http://crafternoontreats.com/want-it-need-it-episode-49-notes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, it's a very good site. One to keep going back to.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.