Tuesday 20 February 2018

Lots of crafting goodies to play with.

Hello. A trip to Hull Scrapstore was in order this morning, I had arranged to meet one of our readers who has kindly given me a lot of fabric, and some items to sell for the cat rescue. Look at this lot, one bag is what I purchased, the rest is what Lesley gave me. So it's a big thank you for that. When I have sorted it out I will donate some of it to our crafty club members. I'm sure they will be well chuffed. 
My friend Angela came with me to the Scrapstore, she hadn't been before and was curious to see what was on offer. She does furniture renovations, including upholstery, so she was particularly interested in the heavy fabric. She was really pleased to find exactly what she wanted, so now she can get on with her projects. I thought I was going to have to drag her out of there as she was so excited. We had such a laugh, she is good fun, when we got back she whipped up a lunch of egg and chips.

I just had a phone call from a friend down south, he is planning a trip up here next week. That will be good, I don't know what the cats will think of a German Shepherd invading their territory though, I think I will have to keep them separated.

Right, now I'm going to open those bags and see what's in them. Excited. Thank you Lesley.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

15 comments:

  1. You've got a fabulous stash there Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and added to my already fabulous stash, I now have a stupendous stash ;o)

      Delete
  2. You've had a lovely day Ilona.Will your cats live upstairs for a little while.I have had to keep my dogs separate occasionlly from visitors as my top dog likes the limelight & no one can talk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will only be for a few days, my friend is touring, he will move on. Yes, I will put kitties safely in the bedrooms.

      Delete
  3. Ooh do let us know what’s in them too Ilona, I love a good nosey myself! Glad you had a great day, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just thought what you said in passing about your friend visiting -I think it may be Noel but you are too discrete to say.He has a border terrier & not a German Shepard though & he does live in the south x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my intuition is tuned in correctly it is him-I won't say anymore.I too would keep him to myself Ilona x

      Delete
    2. Flis, stop making daft guesses. Who the hell is Noel?

      Delete
    3. Oh, I get it, Noel Fitzpatrick, he has a terrier. I am sure he has better things to do than visit me.

      Delete
  5. Looks like there's some treats in those bags, can't wait to see what you and the club members create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will get to see anything the club members make, most of them don't very often show their finished articles. I always show what I make in the hope that it will inspire others to have a go.

      Delete
  6. I know the excitement you feel when someone gives you 'stuff' that you can make good use of I knit/crochet for charities and always on the look out for cheap/free wool and just love it when someone gives me wool they no longer want or even been given to them to find someone who will be grateful for it. I also enjoy working out what to make with what I have got just like you do. Most of what I do has stripes in it to use it all up.
    regards
    Melinda (SE Qld Australia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I think we are sisters separated at birth, ha ha. The fun is creating something from discarded or passed on stuff.

      Delete
  7. A good haul Ilona. I too wonder what you have got in the bags. I'm working my way through two bags of wool which a friend gave me for the jumpers I make for Street Kids in South Africa. Some lovely wool, beautiful colours and shades.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.