Monday 9 October 2023

DIY in the garden

Just eight of us at Crafty Club this morning. Conversation was lively. Someone brought in a big bag of buttons and asked if anyone wanted them. Nobody claimed them so I said I would have them. The lady volunteers at a charity shop so I made a donation. I wanted to give her £10 but she said no, too much, so I gave her £5.  
This afternoon I did a refurbishment on the table just outside my back door. I built this a few years ago. There was a bed underneath for the cats, it was in an old dressing table drawer. It was wet, dirty and smelly so I binned it and put a fresh bed in there. The plastic box will be much better and I can take the towel out and wash it when needed. I replaced the board at one end because it was warped and falling apart. The white plastic you see on the top and front are what you line wet rooms and showers with. The panels slot together to make a waterproof flat surface. I got these offcuts out of a skip a few years ago. I used some of them in the summer house, and put three pieces together to cover the small outdoor table in the seating area. I'm pleased with that, it will last a few more years. 
A walk and talk video which I made yesterday. 
Now I've got to go out and post a letter. The collection is at 9am tomorrow morning. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Having never had a cat, can I ask when your cats would use the outside area? Or is this for any visiting cats?
    Love reading about the hedgehogs. The hedgehog people look for people to take care of hedgehogs over winter, that are too small to hibernate. My friend often has a couple in her spare bedroom. Has to keep her distance from them though as they cannot get too used to humans and get released back into the wild in the spring. Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats are free to go outside. In good weather they stay outside all day.

      Delete
  2. That bag of buttons has some really wonderful shapes & colours in it Ilona. I love how you have refurbished your outdoor table & Yes I would have a bed underneath for my cats too ... don't they just love to tuck up in places like this. Enjoy your week Ilona. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.