Monday 23 October 2023

The geese have landed

There were twelve of us this morning in the Village Hall. We knitted and nattered, and stitched and bitched. Crafty Club was a lot of fun. 
No rain today and the sun was trying to come out. After lunch I went a walk. Parked my car in Winteringham and set off down to the Haven. There is a boat yard there on the edge of the river. 
An unusual memorial bench. It's a slab of concrete. You sit on the other side of it and watch the boats. I took the public footpath which runs alongside the river. 

I wasn't expecting to take many photos because this is a place I am familiar with. Then there was a surprise. I heard a flock of Canada Geese chattering away as they came down to land in the field next to me. The first lot landed then several more flocks arrived. It was fascinating to watch how they fly in formation and all take the same flight path. I stood there for a good twenty minutes clicking away. It was getting a bit cold and I didn't have any gloves with me. 









Several more flocks came down and landed in another field. 


What a bonus it was to watch this spectacle. I wasn't expecting that. Here are some interesting facts about them. 
A few seagulls landed as well. 

There was still a lot of water lying on the fields. 



Back in the village I had a look at the church.
There is a very posh restaurant in the centre of Winteringham, it has won prizes for it's delicious food. People say the portions are a bit skimpy and you have to get some fish and chips to fill up after. I don't know how true that is. If you want to check out the menu here is the link to their site. They have rooms as well so if you want to stay over you can do. 



I made a pan of stew when I got home, and put the heating on. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.