Tuesday 24 October 2023

The Great Escaper


I've been to see a film today, not much else to do when it is nonstop raining all day. We have a Vue cinema in town. I missed the 12.10 performance so I went to the 17.10. A treat of a Magnum ice cream brought the total cost to £10.40. 
I had seen The Great Escaper advertised a while ago, and as a lifelong fan of Michael Caine and Glenda Jackson, I made a note of the dates it was coming to our cinema.
Here is the official trailer. 
I found this photo of Michael and Glenda from years ago.
I found this film very emotional to watch. The acting was superb. I looked at the flashbacks of the soldiers fighting in the war, landing in France, the look of fear in their faces, and the bombers overhead. I cried. They gave their lives. I thought about where we are now, look at the mess the world is in. We have to continue the fight for freedom. 
Go and watch the film if you can. It is full of emotions, happy and sad. 
It was convenient to call in at Aldi before I went home. That will save having a separate shopping trip. 
Toodle pip.   ilona 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.