Thursday 12 October 2023

New day

 I didn't get round to writing a new post yesterday because the 'Sorry' post went on and on. I tried to answer a lot of the comments, but there comes a time, when enough is enough and I start deleting. There is no point in going all around the houses and ending up right back at the beginning. It is time to move on. 

I have a life. I don't hang around forever in one place. There are many activities that I enjoy doing. Every day is a brand new start. Every day is a bonus. You can't change what happened yesterday, it's gone, it's finished. 

Yesterday I went to the Coffee Morning. I took five pet beds with me and sold two of them. The lady who wanted one wasn't there. As I walked home through the village green I saw two people walking two small dogs. Aha, I wonder if they would buy the beds. I got chatting to them. They are fairly local but staying on the nearby caravan park in their VW camper van. The lady was 74, just like me. Such a nice couple. They said the pet beds are just what they wanted in the van for their dogs. Another two sold. 

Later on I made the decision to go food shopping. My fridge was bare, and I was eating my way through the freezer. On the way to Aldi I dropped off the last pet bed to the lady who wanted one but couldn't come to the coffee morning. 

I went a bit mad at Aldi, really stocked up, and got some treats. A bottle of Ballycastle to put in my coffee. A bottle of honey cider, not tried that before. A bottle of Summer Ale with peach, looks interesting. £70 spent, but that's ok, it's been over two weeks since I last went shopping. 

So this morning the weather looks promising, sunshine but a bit chilly. Mayze has taken herself off outside and is now lounging on the bed I have put on the table for her. I have four more pet beds to finish off, and two other crafty projects on the go. Always something to do in the garden, and I must go for a walk. 

Are you keeping busy? A friend keeps asking me, don't you ever sit down and do nothing? Hell no. Always got to be doing something. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Ilona. I like to ignore the world and get on with my life each day. I am a lacemaker, forty years now. It's very relaxing. I also love my garden, reading, jigsaws and crosswords. Always lots to do. I like to shut the world out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.