Sunday 1 October 2023

Love trees.

 Talking of trees being chopped down. There's more.

Mystery surrounds shocking vandalism of 180 trees in Clydebank. 

Why were the trees on Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street cut down

Glasgow group upset as trees cut down near Wyndford demolition site. 

How to cut a tree down with a chainsaw. 

Trees sometimes grow in inconvenient places. Like city and town centres. They get in the way of new buildings, planners want to chop them down. They are a nuisance because falling leaves blow around and drop into drains after a downpour, and roads flood. The area gets concreted over. The trees have to go. 

Let's just destroy nature. Let's just cover more green spaces with tarmac and concrete. Let's just build more boxes. Let's just flatten the habitat of small animals, and insects, and birds. Let's turn our open spaces, our parklands, our farmland, into Legoland. I see a grim landscape in years to come. 

Enjoy the great British countryside, while we still have one. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

4 comments:

  1. Well said. I've seen the wanton destruction of so much countryside over the past 50 years in the name of progress. Good farmland taken for housing despite being classed as Green Belt. And that ultimate insanity in our latitudes, covering good farmland with solar panel arrays. Somewhere along the way that powers that be have overlooked our need to be able to feed ourselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a solar farm here, and I have seen another field fenced off waiting for more panels to arrive. Farming all over the world has been highjacked by those who are pushing the green agenda and the Great Reset. But don't worry, they are working on feeding everyone with factory produced shite. It is so obvious where this is going.

      Delete
    2. You live in a box in a neighborhood covered in concrete. So, it's okay for you, but not for others? Practice what you preach.

      Delete
  2. I have a thirty year old silver birch in my garden. I planted it as a sapling. I love to watch it through the season's and hear the sound of the wind through its leaves. It sounds like the sea! I also love to hug it when I'm sad, it makes me see things in perspective somehow. I love trees!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.