Monday 30 October 2023

Whitby Goth Weekend

I thought about going to the Whitby Goth Weekend, but I was in two minds, should I make the effort, or not bother. The weather wasn't very good, quite a lot of rain, and I probably needed to make a night out of it. Could have done it in a day I suppose. I talked myself out of it. Instead I did a village walk on Friday, a dog walk on Saturday, and a local five mile walk on Sunday. 
I have just come across this video of the event. After viewing this I'm glad I didn't go. The town was packed out, hardly any room to walk about. People were shuffling up and down the 199 steps to the church and Abbey. The costumes look a lot more outlandish than they did a few years ago. I like Whitby, I will go again when it isn't so busy.  
My post from 25th April 2015 is here if you want to take a look at my photo's. I remember taking Rocky in his pushchair, we stopped at a campsite overnight. 
The next Whitby Goth Weekend will be on 26th - 28th April 2024. There are usually two events a year. 
Toodle  pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.