Sunday 29 October 2023

Get back before dark

I had it in mind to go for a walk today. The weather was dry, I put a line of washing out. The pet beds needed washing. I had a chat with Aunty on the phone. I did a cooked lunch. Then just as I was getting ready to go a big black cloud came over. Oh bother, the heavens opened and it rained cats and dogs for about ten minutes. Then it stopped and I had to make the decision, do I go or not. Time was getting on, and I remembered it would be dark an hour earlier tonight. The sun came out and I thought, go for it. I put a torch in my bag, just in case. I remember several times last winter where I got caught out in the dark on the way back. 
There was a man coming up behind me. I slowed down to let him pass. I don't like people behind me. He said he had seen me several times before out walking. He is normally on his bike, but today he fancied a walk. We chatted for a while but he was walking faster than me. I told him to go on ahead. I like to take my time to enjoy the countryside. 
Not far from home now. The sun has gone down behind the clouds. This is one of my favourite trees. There was another one nearby which I have photographed many times, but I was sad to see that the wind had blown it down. 
A portion of stew which I made yesterday, for dinner tonight. Enough left for tomorrow. 

Toodle pip.   ilona 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.