Sunday 21 April 2024

A bus ride in York.

I parked my car on the Park and Ride car park near York. There are several of these facilities dotted around the outskirts of the city. It is free to park, and if you are a pensioner like me, you can use your bus pass for a free ride into the centre. It is very convenient. The buses run about every 20 minutes or so, and the last one back is 11pm. Unfortunately no overnight parking is allowed. If you use Park and Ride anywhere else check what is allowed on their web sites.

So what did I do when I got off the bus in the city. There is an exhibition I want to see, all about Vincent Van Gogh. It is advertised as The Immersive Experience.  It is at St Mary's Church, near the Coppergate Shopping Centre. First I made my way there because I didn't want to miss it. 


The exhibition is in two parts. Inside there are rows of deckchairs set out, with cushioned seats all around the wall. The idea of deck chairs is that you can relax while watching the film show which is projected around all the walls. Like being in a wrap around cinema. There is sombre music, and a narrative to set the scenes. The film is on a 30 minute loop so you can stay in there as long as you like. 
Here is another web site to check out. I didn't film it because I wasn't sure if there might be copyright issues with the music. I have looked for videos on yoootooob and found quite a lot. The exhibition has been touring for quite a number of years. I was impressed with the show at York, but now I have seen videos of it in other locations, the York church doesn't have the same impact. Check out this one at Toronto. 
Take a look inside his bedroom. 
A few still shots. 








The second part of the exhibition is a walk through, so I did record that, which I will put on the next post. 
It's been a nice day today, Sunday, jobs to do in the garden. Now I must take a dog out, he will be waiting for me.
Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.