Friday 26 April 2024

Plans for the summer.

 Every morning as I drink my first coffee, I read about what is going on in the world. Every morning some new disaster has been reported. Life is not plain sailing any longer, there are many instances of where things are going terribly wrong. I can understand those who wish to distance themselves from such information and choose to bury their heads in the sand. 

Too much information can screw you up. One needs to discover just how much you can tolerate, without being tipped over the edge. I am never close to the edge because I seek balance in my life. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. 

Soaking up every bit of news leads to saturation. Backing off before it gets to that point works for me. I need to know what is coming, but I don't need to know everything. 

Things are becoming pretty dire in a lot of countries. We are being forced into a completely different world. One which knows no boundaries. It is already happening. Law and order will break down completely. There are no guarantees that we in the western world will be able to maintain the life we have been used to. Grab your freedom while we still have it. 

I am looking forward to some more outings during the summer months. I am gathering information about events that I might visit. I need to get some new tyres on my car and make sure it is road worthy to take me to lots of places. I need to check bus timetables and plan an adventure or two, when the weather is half decent. 

Making plans will give me something to look forward to. On the list is Truckfest at Lincoln Showground. A Vanlife Festival near Malton. A Balloon Festival at Doncaster. A Floating Market on the canal at Burton on Trent. And various Craft Events coming up over the next few months. 

The one I am most excited about is this. 

I have booked a session to drive a Combine Harvester. Not this one, this is my photo from a walk I did in August 2023. 
Here is the link if you fancy having a go. They do all kinds of outdoor activities. They are near Blyth in Nottinghamshire. I have been there, met the man, and we're ready to go. 
Anyway, make some plans and make a good life for yourself. Thanks for popping in. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Tother half and son are off to Truckfest weather permitting , so if you see a grumpy old fat bloke shouting and his giant version of himself son looking pained , theyre mine and im claiming im to busy with the garden just to avoid going ...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look out for them. I haven't decided which day to go yet. Enjoy your freedom.

      Delete
  2. That combine harvester driving experience looks awesome! In my time living on a farm I got to do most of the tractor stuff (and all of the straw baling), but never got to drive the Claas Matador combine harvester that the farm had.
    Not far from us is a Digger World setup - get to drive a JCB or one of the larger models, definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a go in a JCB once, on their test site at Ashbourne. It was very bouncy.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ilona you are spot on plan your life and enjoy all the fun things while we still can.the terrible things that are happening in the world make me sad especially children suffering animals being mistreated..I wish I could wave a magic wand to help them all.keep on showing us your car camping and travels Ilona it is fun to see what your up to.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is a mess, Jo. Suffering is everywhere. It makes me sad. It's all down to greed. But we have to try and get on with our lives.

      Delete
  4. Debi from Leicester.You are so right.This world is a complete mess and we are lawless now.I truly fear for my grandkids and any children that they might have....on a lighter note,any idea when the floating market is on in Burton on Trent? That is something different!.Ive never been to anything like that before......and on an even lighter note,I now have the Combine Harvester song by The Wurzels,complete with accents going round in my head which will stay with me all day,lol.Hope you have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The canal boat event is on 4th - 6th May, same weekend as Truckfest. I will have to see if I can fit both of those in. It's on Shobnall Fields, both sides. There are two bridges which cross the canal at that point so it will be possible to see it all.

      Delete
  5. I love the quilts at Abbeydale too Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The combine driving experience looks awesome this is just the type of thing I'd love to do. When I was younger I had a summer job bale carting it was brilliant! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about it. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.