Tuesday 30 April 2024

Busy day.

I've been a bit busy today, so this will be a short one. Paid the Council Tax at the Post Office, and withdrew some cash, this morning. Then I met the Walking Group for a 3 mile walk. It's ages since I did a walk with them. Thought I would show my face as they keep emailing me updates to the programme. I tag along at the back.   
The flooding along here has gone down a bit. It has been impassable at times with the heavy rain. 

We got to the halfway stage and the rest of the route was going to be mostly road walking. I decided to split with them. I am not a fan of group walking anyway. Thought I would meet them to be sociable and to let them know I am still around. I finished the walk by myself, adding an extra couple of miles onto the original route. Fly tipping rears it's ugly head again. 

The car was booked into the garage for 3pm. It now has four lovely new tyres. The cost was just under £300. I use a local garage. The rough road surfaces are getting rather hellish to drive on. These should smooth the ride out a bit. 

I managed to fit in an hour in the garden tonight. 
Tomorrow is the first of the month so it's check in day for the walkers. Let's see how everyone is doing. See you tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Around here, the road surfaces and potholes are hell on suspensions -my car required replacements for parts of the front suspension in order to pass its recent MOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As well as watching for all the new road signs we now have to look out for gaping holes in the road surface. Most of the previous repairs to the tarmac are now crumbling, leaving loose chippings exposing the rough base layer. The loose bits will get pushed to the edges as vehicles drive over them, thus creating another problem of blocked drains.

      Delete
  2. Hello there Ilona and fellow walkers, my total for the month of April is 174km (108 miles) so that brings my total for the four months to 618km (385 miles). Hopefully I can keep this up for the rest of the year! Bye for now, Phyllis Brisbane Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis. You are doing wonderfully well, I'm proud of you. Don't burn yourself out too soon. Little and often is the key. I want to see you celebrate your achievement in December. I will move this comment onto the 'check in' post later today.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.