I see blogger have fixed the photo upload in compose mode, I was just getting used to using the HTML mode. Neither of them are very quick though, but we mustn't complain, it is free, except for paying a piddly amount when you reach your storage limit. I can live with that. So, here goes with the pics of the latest artyfarty project.
The before and after pic, no not two photo's merged, I have two pieces exactly the same but opposites. When I started I didn't have much idea about what I wanted to put on it. I knew I wanted different textures, but didn't have a design in mind. I had intended to add colour, but as it progressed I realise it didn't need any other colours. I ran out of the first shade, and carried on with a lighter shade. Everything is stuck on with paint, except for the pale flowers in the middle. I cut the shapes out of flourescent yellow fabric and stuck those on with double sided sticky tape. I thought I might leave them bright yellow, but decided it was too gaudy so I painted over them.
The close up photo's do not show the true shades, they look a bit pasty. I don't know why this happens, perhaps because I had to photograph it inside. I think you get a more accurate picture if you do it outside in natural light. The first and last pics are more or less how the real artwork looks, possibly slightly more yellow.
The round plastic circles are from one of those plastic springy things. In the centre I have added some rice. The small buttons are sewn onto a strip of mesh fabric before I painted it on.
The netting on the right is a mesh bag that you buy lemons in.
Small offcut of lace. The paint soaks through and sticks it on.
The lighter shade with the rough finish is torn kitchen towel. This square was the first thing I put on, it is a small piece of mesh, a bit left over from the rug. I put a frame round it with a piece of cord. On the right and bottom of it I stuck some rice.
Once I started sticking things on, it was just a matter of finding new textures to use. Everything is placed randomly. The polo mints and the upside down 'V' s are letters from a childs alphabet set. I could have arranged them a bit better, alternating the polo mints with the rice circles.
Some of the bits and pieces I used. Mesh or thin fabric works best as the paint soaks through. I thought of how they apply a pot at the hospital if you break a bone, this works in a similar way. Build up the layers and let it harden.
Well that's number four done, I'm quite enjoying coming up with ideas. I'm going to keep going and see if I can make enough for an exhibition.
I was hoping to go to Tesco tonight, but it's been snowing for the last three hours. The forecast says it's going to turn to rain. I will give it a try, because this weather will be putting people off going out, so maybe they will have a lot of food left over which needs reducing. Wish me luck.