Monday, 21 September 2026

Crafty friends

 Crafty Club was busy this morning. Fifteen of us altogether. I was pleased to see a new member. She used to run the club a few years ago but handed it over when she had other commitments. I happened to bump into her on Saturday in The Range, and told her we have a new venue, and no longer meet at the Village Hall. She seemed interested. I turned up late as usual and the conversation was already full of laughter. I think she enjoyed it and will come every week. 

This is the start of a new mandala I am working on. The pink flower I made for the picture, but it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the flowers. It makes a nice centre piece for this. I have a large hoop for this one so there is a lot more work to do on it. I am using my last hoop, I was thinking I must get some more. 

Lo and behold, I don't have to buy any more. One of our lovely members gave me a set of five hoops, brand new, still in a bag. An amazing coincidence. How lucky, and how kind of her. I have some nice friends. 
Talking of friends. Another friend gave me some lovely fabric, and a box with some haberdashery items in it. Buttons, fabric, ribbon, and other useful bits and bobs. She had a sort out and these were surplus to her requirements. 

Looks like I'm going to be doing lots of sewing over the winter months. 

Now I'm going to make a mug of Horlicks for my bedtime drink. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't be bothered with stupid comments from stupid people.

      Delete

You may comment. I may not reply. I may delete your comment. This is my diary.