Thursday 5 July 2012

I'm hoping for a miracle

There's not much happening on the re homing front at the moment. The kitties are thriving and want to get out and explore the big wide world. I got the Dyson out today to clean the carpet in the passageway outside their room. As soon as I switched it on they all clambered up into the cupboard to hide, ha ha. It was ever so funny.

I have a new routine when I feed them and tidy the litter boxes. It's hopeless trying to keep them in their room when I do this, so I have blocked off all the exits in the passageway, and now they can run free while I sort the room out. They think it's great, they charge up and down having loads of fun. I usually take a drink in with me or something to eat, and give them half an hour of playtime. Pretty kitties.

I went to Hull today on the bus, especially to visit Marks and Spencer. My friend Carol gave me £20 in vouchers for Christmas, so I thought it was about time I spent them.

I popped into the YMCA Charity Shop while I was there, and found this brilliant bargain. A pair of boots for £1.50. They are in good condition, hardly worn by the look of them, and ever so comfy. The label inside says George, so they are from Asda. I'm dead chuffed.

Now, what did I get from M & S. I traipsed round the whole shop wondering what I should treat myself to. My eyes were skimming the prices, HOW MUCH !!! GOOD GRIEF, I'M NOT PAYING THAT, ha ha, Even though the vouchers were given to me, I still couldn't bring myself to pay their ridiculous prices.

In the end I had to give in. Even if I saved them for another time I know I still won't find anything to spend them on, so here goes, just do it. I am so used to buying on price, I do it automatically. I can't look at things in shops and think oooh that's nice, I think I'll get one. I just can't do it. My brain is wired up to think price price price before anything else, regardless of whether it's nice or not.

I made the decision. Spend ten pounds in the food department, and ten in the makeup. I even managed to get a yellow sticker, bananas reduced to 50p, ha ha.

You're gonna  like this. I've gone absolutely stark staring bonkers. There was a selection of face creams which are supposed to banish the wrinkles. Some were aimed at the 30 plus lady, some for the 40 plus, and the 50 plus. Didn't see any for the 60 plus, maybe nothing can be done for us older biddies, we are past it.

Anyway I thought I would conduct an experiment just to prove that these rejuvenating creams don't work. This pot costs £11.

Now what is it supposed to do. My mature skin certainly is losing it's elasticity, all over my body. I don't think there is enough in the pot to combat the wobbly thighs, the saggy chesticles, and the bingo wings, so I'll just have to make do with firming up my droopy face.

I'm a real woman, so I will copy their test. For the next four weeks I will religiously slap it on my mush, and see if I am one of the 75% with visibly smoother skin.

Just to show you what my wrinkles look like now. I'll let you be the judge.


My God look at those lines. There's more craggs there than in the whole of North Yorkshire.  :o( Toodle pip.

25 comments:

  1. My body skin is not too bad when I'm standing up but let me must lie on the floor, legs in the air, doing shoulder stands (maybe a silly thing to do), I can see my skin fall. Now WHEN did that start to happen, I don't remember noticing it. Thankfully don't think I have bingo wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in my 60's I am blessed with the body of a Greek god. Some of us are born lucky I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kittens are SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be looking forward to the new smoother you! I'm using something from Aldi called Renovage. I like it and it makes my skin smoother as in less dead cells but the bloody wrinkles are still there! Take care.
    Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilona, this is going to be fun....but you are already a great looking chick!
    I'd love John's beauty tips, though!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely going to keep track of the progress. Then, you can send me a jar! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I did not mind the under eye sag so much, but it was really annoying when I got wrinkles on top of the sags and bags. If that works, maybe you can be their spokesperson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An experiment worth doing I guess, not that you need it, with those lovely blue eyes and straight teeth you are a good looking 'real woman' already.

    It will be interesting to see the results in 4 weeks. If it does do any good you can always switch to a supermarkets own cheapy version to continue.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it doesn't work you could always try anusol - like I did!

    http://lovelygreyday.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/lets-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you picked the right day to come to Hull, it's horrendous here today, memories of how it was in the June 2007 floods. I'm with Lydia as far as face cream goes, Aldi for me, though I often forget to use them anyway. I'm lucky with my skin though, not too many wrinkles yet (age 57)
    I would have spent the whole £20 in the food dept, they do decent sausages for £1.19, though I would take my daughter or son-in-law with me as they have 20% off staff cards. They also sell little packs (125g) of goats butter for 99p, which is just enough for a treat but butter how I remember it tasted like when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almond oil is amazing.For hair and skin .I get almond oil from asian shop($ 3 for 1/4 l)I do chi kung twice a week,yoga weekly and tai chi most days.I pay only gold coin donation($1 or $2)
    I do not have many wrinkles.Great post Ilona and you look so well and full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huh, another pair of boots. Can NEVER have too many and especially at that price hehe. You don't need any wrinkle cream, you look hardly a day over 45.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Aldi anti-wrinkle creams are very good containing the same stuff as the very expensive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My anti wrinkle cure is being on the plump side...who knows what will happen if I ever lose the weight I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those kittens are the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kitties look so happy with you Ilona : ) When my in laws came over from Algeria (ex in laws now ) I was amazed by my lovely mum in laws smooth skin . All she's done all her life is rub a little olive oil onto her hands , rinse her hands in water lightly then rub her face with her hands. The left over oil lightly moisturizes . Thats all I do now too. Jules

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Ilona. You could try just doing one side of your face with the cream. See if theres any difference!
    I LOVE those kittens. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was going to say exactly the same as Joto!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How I laughed at your post. What you should do is the test, keep us informed here (good proof) then if you think it hasn't worked get on to M & S and demand your money back and tell them not to put fairy stories on their face creams any more! They might offer you the chance to be a tester of another cream or you might get more vouchers to spend lol. I'd spend it all in the food department though I must admit they do good food. Tip: Monday late morning they reduce all the stuff from the dine in campaign when its on. Lots and lots of yellow stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It will be interesting to see if there is any change but you really don't need it, you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why not put the cream on one half of your face then you will be able to spot any differences very quickly. If it doesn't work I'm with Marksgran - demand your money back. At least you'll have cash that can be spent elsewhere. Stroke the kitties for me.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm the same these days, when you are used to buying only the necessities it becomes hard to buy something just for the sake of it. I recently was given some Boots vouchers, anything I needed I could get cheaper in the £ shop or HBs, or better offers in the supermarkets. In the end I gave them to OH who "blew" them on toothbrush heads and razors! Lol. I have tried most anti aging creams going and have made no difference, in fact they make my skin a bit blotchy and sting-y. I have given up and just used olive oil/coconut oil and E45. Let us know what you think of your cream though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant post. Real beauty comes from within, from your personality, so as far as your readers are concerned, you are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.