Thursday 26 July 2018

Wot i have made.

It's gone all black here, the heavens have opened for all of five minutes. We had rain, but now it's stopped. It's like a sauna outside, hot, humid, and sweaty. I can hear thunder in the distance, but I think it's going away from us. Tomorrow is supposed to be Furnace Friday, the hottest it's ever been. Oh oh, here comes the rain again. Heidi has come running in, Mayze is still out in the garden. I've put the light on because it's so dark.

I was halfway through making a video this morning when Ken knocked on the door, so I stopped. It was rubbish anyway, I was waffling too much. We had a coffee and a natter, he asked me if I could do the Sunday dog walk for him as he has something else to do. We had a right good laugh, he has a whacky sense of humour, a bit like me. We bounce off each other.

I had another attempt at filming the video, stepping up the pace a bit, this time I succeeded. It hasn't taken that long to upload as it's not very long. Ooooh look, a little flag has appeared in the bottom right of my screen, someone has seen it already withing five minutes of it going live. Here we go, see what you think.



My goodness, the rain is pelting down, I'm sorely tempted to take of my clothes and go outside with a bar of soap. That would save a bit of money, showering outside. Maybe not, don't want to give the neighbours a heart attack. Tatty byes. ilona


17 comments:

  1. The thunder is rumbling round here now and the rain is torrential. I too wondered about the shower outside but thought I’d spare the neighbours 😀.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...I'm sorely tempted to take of my clothes and go outside with a bar of soap."

    LOL - If it is as dark as you say, in Kansas, you would also be dancing around dodging hail stones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you still very dry here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think we, in the North East, are just getting your storm now, thank goodness .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put your swimming costume and have a dance out in the garden in the rain... In fact I may just do that myself if we get a good downpour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilona, I adore you!!! LOVED your video and love how you make beautiful things from found things. You are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ilona your artwork is lovely amy and benny are out with their new friend - 3 cats in the shade sitting on the wall looking at each other. they are so funny. i liked your comment about having a shower outside it has been incredibly hot today tomorrow thunderstorms and rain. thanks for making us laugh re showering outside. love liz amy and benny.xxxloveto mayze and heidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to Amy and Benny, from Mayze and Heidi xxx

      Delete
  8. Go girl...I love running out into the rain and feeling it on my body x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ilona. I would buy the wet felting on hessian if you were willing to post to Australia. I mean that sincerely - I love it! Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. I'm sorry but I am saying no to all requests to buy my art online. If I start it will give me another job, setting up an account so people can pay me, packing it up so it arrives without damage, worrying about whether people like it once they have received it, and dealing with returns if they don't. If I say yes to one, others will follow. Sorry, but it has to be that way. I'm pleased you like it by the way :o)

      Delete
    2. I understand Ilona :)

      Delete
  11. Yes you do seem to be churning stuff out ! I don't know where you find the time - I live alone like you, but have difficulty finding some 'me' time, with the gardening, housework, etc. etc., at the moment I'm decorating the living room just to add to my every growing list of things to do.
    I have a few works in progress, they may get finished some day.
    Good luck with your exhibition, I think that's very brave of you. I couldn't sell any of my stuff either, you put so much into things don't you, it's hard to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work..

    here is a felted wool work you might like to see
    https://www.boredpanda.com/realistic-cat-portraits-needle-felting-wakuneco/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have gone out in the pouring rain to wash my car. It is under trees, so I go to the police station if at night. There are plenty of lights. I take a bucket with about two inches of water and car wash liquid. The rain gives me more water in the bucket. I then let the rain rinse my car. It is free water, and a little labor.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.