Sunday 19 November 2023

A visit to Elsham Hall

It was dry and quite mild when I set off for Elsham Hall this morning. There was a Craft Fair on in the lambing barn. Worth a look I thought. It's been a while since I visited Elsham. I didn't take any photo's of the grounds this time. I made a video which I will upload tomorrow. There is a blog post from April 2017 if you want to see how it looks in the spring with blue skies and flowers. Today it started raining so it was damp and dull. I walked around the lake and had a look at the walled garden.  
The Craft Fair in the shed. It looked pretty gloomy inside. There wasn't enough lighting. 
They made a bit of an effort with strings of fairy lights, but you still had to bend down to look closely at the crafts. 


My friend Sue Hawkmoon's stall. I did a workshop with her at her studio, where I learnt wet felting. This is her web site. She is also on Facebook. You wouldn't believe she is a granny. How she keeps her young looks I don't know. 
I had a walk around the courtyard. This side of it looks empty, but the other side was buzzing as everyone was queueing to get in the cafe. 

Now what's this. A sale of what, it doesn't say. Must have a look inside. 

This is the barn where they have weddings. The lady who has organised them for the last 17 years is retiring, and she is selling all her stock. I went to a wedding here, many years ago. I wonder how Danny and Mary are getting on. 
Everything was laid out on tables. The prices were very cheap. I picked up some artificial flowers which I will put in my garden. It is the last day today. Someone is coming to take away what is left and absorb it into their own business. 


It was fun looking around this Aladdins Cave. 

The rain came heavier. I was hoping to get an hour or two walking in, but it was miserable. Time to go home.  

Thanks for popping on. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.