Sitting in Michael's studio on his comfy sofa, I notice something hanging above the messy shelf. He still has the cd/cutlery creation I gave him years ago.
What is Michael working on at the moment. Two donkey heads.
A photo of Michael and Helen Scrimshaw from a previous visit in 2016, ten years ago.
Another photo from 2013, showing Michaels amazing dreadlocks. His hair is even longer now, and Helen's pigtail reaches almost to her knees.
What is the open studios at the Ropewalk? Blimey, have I been going there for 20 years!
Saturday, 18 September 2010
Ropewalk Studios Open Weekend
I've had a very pleasant afternoon. My friend Julie came round and we went to the Ropewalk at Barton. This is a contemporary arts and craft gallery near the Humber Bridge. It was originally part of a rope making factory which closed in 1989. The building is almost a quarter of a mile long and has galleries, a shop, coffee lounge, and a theatre for the performing arts.
It also has eleven artists studios, and today they were open for anyone to drop in and have a chat. This only happens on two weekends a year, and last year I met such interesting people, I was quite excited to go again this year. The artists are very friendly and are happy to answer all of your questions, so me being the nosey parker that I am, I had lots to ask.
It also has eleven artists studios, and today they were open for anyone to drop in and have a chat. This only happens on two weekends a year, and last year I met such interesting people, I was quite excited to go again this year. The artists are very friendly and are happy to answer all of your questions, so me being the nosey parker that I am, I had lots to ask.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are some lovely ceramics on display at the moment. If I had loads of money I might buy some.
Pru Green is celebrating 60 years of making pots.
There is another exhibition on at the moment. I took some photographs and will post them soon. Jane Walker uses stitching and painting in her creations. Something I might dabble in. Interesting to see it close up.
Weather a bit dull at the moment. Sunday morning and I am sitting here in my winter clothes. Not looking forward to the winter months. Never mind. If I keep busy it will soon pass. Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are open.