Friday 4 March 2011

More bags wanted

Last night I went to see a film, 'The Social Network', the story of how Facebook started. I sat on the front row because I don't like peering around someone's head, and I sometimes struggle to hear, even with a hearing aid. Within the first five minutes I hadn't a clue as to what was going on, the scene was set in a busy bar, and anyone who wears a hearing aid will tell you that they are hopeless in a noisy situation. I stuck with it and was able to pick out a few words to get the gist of the story.

The actors were very good, Jesse Eisenberg who played Mark Zuckerberg was brilliant, as was Andrew Garfield who played Eduardo Saverin. The story followed two court cases, Zuckerberg's best friend Saverin who was dumped after Sean Parker, played by Justin Timberlake, joined the company, and the Winklevoss twins, both played by Arnie Hammer, who accused Zuckerberg of stealing their idea. There were constant flashbacks to the incidents that came up for discussion in court. Zuckerberg had to pay out in the end, but of course still came out on top.

The pace of the film was manic, indeed if this is a true portrayal of Zuckerberg, the man is a genious. I really enjoyed the film, it was a fascinating insight into how a human brain can be programmed to perform exactly like a computer. The music is haunting, you can listen to it on the website, I have it on now. www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com

...............................................................................

I took the latest cat food pouch bag into the Arts Centre today, along with two of the previous ones I made. They also took five of the cloth shopping bags, these are all going on sale, so we'll see how they go. They have sent some of their old stock back to the people who made them because they haven't sold, and are looking for new ideas to replenish the shop. I'd better get my skates on and knock a few more up.

Remember the Enchelada kits, they only have a few left at the Cash and Carry, so I bought six for £2. I noticed they were for sale at Home Bargains for £1.99 each, good grief, what a bargain I have. I also got two packets of Ryvita for 50p, they are 50p each in HB, and twelve flapjacks for £2, the same kind as you get in Holland and Barrett for 70p each. I thought I was getting a bargain with two bottles of thick bleach for £1, but no, later I saw them in HB for 39p each. Bugger lost 22p there.

I bought three tins of tomatoes for £1, and what did I see in the Netto leaflet which came through the door, a four tin pack for £1. Ah well, you win some you lose some, mind you, you would have a job to find them. I see that the 400grm Seriously Strong cheese is £3.88 in Netto and £4.29in Tesco, both BOGOF. Can't find any bargains in the Sainsbury's leaflet. It's almost a full time job to stay on top of the game. Catch you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. HI THERE JUST WANTED TO DROP BY AND SAY HI AND THAT I REALLY ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS.
    LISA X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from Liverpool from my Conference Ilona. The hostel was very noisy last night and I didn't sleep.

    4 tins for £1 at our local Home Bargains!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.